Looks like Petty cut his hair

cpat4bama

All American
Gold Member
Aug 6, 2012
BFE
Not mad at it

121784239_10158960795524558_1556974583670259720_n.jpg

I’m 73 yr Old Nam vet And I think if a kid wants to wear their hair down to their waist or 3 foot high it’s their business. Cookie cutter hair is for the military.
Hell yeah that's awesome sir. Good on you man. I agree with you. Certain people need to relax about things like kid's hair or tattoos or something else that's ultimately meaningless. Dude is just being young.

How some of y’all talk/have talked in the past about some of our black players hair is beyond cringey.

I’m not a race baiter. I hate the liberal media and politicians who pathetically use race as political fodder to advance their deranged agenda’s, but some of y’all sound pretty racist. Not just talking about this thread, but countless others in the past that have been critical of Petty and many of our other player’s hair styles. If this was anywhere other than a message board, you would get absolutely crucified for your statements. Just saying.

How some of y’all talk/have talked in the past about some of our black players hair is beyond cringey.

I’m not a race baiter. I hate the liberal media and politicians who pathetically use race as political fodder to advance their deranged agenda’s, but some of y’all sound pretty racist. Not just talking about this thread, but countless others in the past that have been critical of Petty and many of our other player’s hair styles. If this was anywhere other than a message board, you would get absolutely crucified for your statements. Just saying.
just saying, chucky mullins was my best friend. not because he was black but because neither one of us cared about color.

That stuff just doesn't matter anymore. All of us have red blood. We are all equal in the eyes of God. There are different cultures and that's cool. We just have to love our brothers and sisters regardless of skin color ,culture, etc; I've given up worrying or caring what others think and my life is so much more pleasant. This is going to be a wonderful end of the football season and basketball season. I'm excited. Roll Tide !

i have not seen one post since petty has been here giving him hell about his hair. sometimes you might think your girl friends hair looks better after a hair cut.

you are race baiting sir. lot of times i think white kids look better after a nice hair cut. does not really matter what i think. probally matters a lot more what the girl thinks.

who in this thread or any other thread has down graded petty or any others white or black about their hair. sorry i said it looks better to me.

my bad

i have not seen one post since petty has been here giving him hell about his hair. sometimes you might think your girl friends hair looks better after a hair cut.

you are race baiting sir. lot of times i think white kids look better after a nice hair cut. does not really matter what i think. probally matters a lot more what the girl thinks.

who in this thread or any other thread has down graded petty or any others white or black about their hair. sorry i said it looks better to me.

my bad
Exactly. This post would be the same conversation whether he was white, black, brown, purple, etc. I didn’t even join in this conversation, personally, because I could care less about Petty’s hair style, but I just teased a friend of mine’s kid about their hair style the other day, and he is white. I, also, teased another friend’s kid last month about his stupid tattoo, and he is Hispanic. So now I guess I hate white and Hispanic people. What a joke.

I notice it too. I think often there is certainly no malice behind it but other times I'm less sure. (not talking about the hoops board but the TOC) And I am the most anti-leftism dude you'll meet in your life. I despise collectivism and identity politics. I have had a large Proud Boys tattoo on my forearm for years and also thanks to the retarded, liberal media for making us famous over the last two weeks LOL. But sometimes, I pick up on what you're saying. I've been called a racist on here several times over 15 years. They were trippin'. Cases where it's more like: "Who is a racist? Anyone winning an argument with a liberal." Legit racism is indefensible although I think it's much more rare then the narrative suggests, at least in my experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: xcop and milso47

my bad
I don't believe he is race baiting I believe he is genuine. There are definitely things said on the TOC that raise my eyebrows sometimes. And dude, I MERCILESSLY mock libs who obsess over race. I think it's so divisive and damaging, crying wolf all the time. I've been to the rallies where the violence goes down. I've fist-fought a gang of antifa in the middle of the street, which is to say I hate EVERYTHING those commies stand for especially COLLECTIVISM. It is the true evil we face from the Left today. It's the root of it all. I said all this to say people crying about "systemic racism" make me wanna puke. I don't get offended. I'm a 1A maximalist. But I also believe racism is stupid and wrong. MAGA

my bad

This is so bad, and I know you don’t even realize. I know you grew up in the stone ages when racism was a way of life, but you need to get with the times. What makes your statement completely invalid, is that dreadlocks are a hairstyle native to black men. White people don’t have dreadlocks. Saying you feel that white kids look better after a nice hair cut as a way to justify being able to critique black kid’s hair is so misguided for what it infers and I know you don’t even realize it. It perfectly sums up what you and every other person are inferring, whether you admit it or not: Dreadlocks look trashy to you. It’s not traditional. It’s not clean looking to you. Makes the person with them look unprofessional, unkempt. I’ve even heard people say it makes the person look like a thug. So when a bunch of old white guys from the Deep South say that when guys like Petty, Herb Jones in the past, and many others don’t look good with dreadlocks (or look better without them), it’s in very poor taste at best, racist at worst. If you feel differently, you’re either wrong and too stubborn to change your views, or you’re a racist. And for the record, I don’t believe it’s the latter.

Reactions: BamaHudson
I have seen things on the board that I thought were racially cringeworthy but I would not include comments on haircuts among them. Here’s my take: If a kid wants to look like he’s wearing a mop, that’s his perfect right. If someone on here thinks it’s a bad look, he’s entitled to that opinion. Same goes for mullets.

I have seen things on the board that I thought were racially cringeworthy but I would not include comments on haircuts among them. Here’s my take: If a kid wants to look like he’s wearing a mop, that’s his perfect right. If someone on here thinks it’s a bad look, he’s entitled to that opinion. Same goes for mullets.

It’s anyone’s perfect right under the 1st amendment to call someone else the n-word. I’m not comparing the two, but using it as an extreme example to say that just because saying something is your “right” doesn’t mean you should do it, or that it’s ok.

And for the reasons I stated in my previous post, a white guy saying that he doesn’t like a white kid’s mullet, is in no way comparable to a white guy saying a black kid’s dreadlocks don’t look good.

Reactions: BamaHudson
It’s anyone’s perfect right under the 1st amendment to call someone else the n-word. I’m not comparing the two, but using it as an extreme example to say that just because saying something is your “right” doesn’t mean you should do it, or that it’s ok.

And for the reasons I stated in my previous post, a white guy saying that he doesn’t like a white kid’s mullet, is in no way comparable to a white guy saying a black kid’s dreadlocks don’t look good.

How this thread even got to this point is beyond me, yet here we are.

Respectfully disagree.

Reactions: Codie B
Not hair related although the 2 tone is interesting ,has Reese lost more weight? Looked like it in the picture. I hope no one is offended by my question..........
I thought Reese had reshaped his body last year. More athletic looking. Can’t really tell if that trend continues. He will probably need to so he can be competitive with the new roster.

Reactions: xcop
///
This is so bad, and I know you don’t even realize. I know you grew up in the stone ages when racism was a way of life, but you need to get with the times. What makes your statement completely invalid, is that dreadlocks are a hairstyle native to black men. White people don’t have dreadlocks. Saying you feel that white kids look better after a nice hair cut as a way to justify being able to critique black kid’s hair is so misguided for what it infers and I know you don’t even realize it. It perfectly sums up what you and every other person are inferring, whether you admit it or not: Dreadlocks look trashy to you. It’s not traditional. It’s not clean looking to you. Makes the person with them look unprofessional, unkempt. I’ve even heard people say it makes the person look like a thug. So when a bunch of old white guys from the Deep South say that when guys like Petty, Herb Jones in the past, and many others don’t look good with dreadlocks (or look better without them), it’s in very poor taste at best, racist at worst. If you feel differently, you’re either wrong and too stubborn to change your views, or you’re a racist. And for the record, I don’t believe it’s the latter.
trying to find where i ever said dread locks look dreadful or any thing else about petty or anybody elses hair. i simply said it looked better to me. also as i said it really does not matter if it looks better to me or not. what matters is whether the ladies like it or not.

any way i am sorry if i offended you or anybody else.

///

trying to find where i ever said dread locks look dreadful or any thing else about petty or anybody elses hair. i simply said it looked better to me. also as i said it really does not matter if it looks better to me or not. what matters is whether the ladies like it or not.

any way i am sorry if i offended you or anybody else.
That’s because you didn’t. Thank you for apologizing to me, though.

Reactions: milso47
1459831576448.jpg

1511833487731-gregory.jpeg

1511833678210-JOSH.jpeg

I am not going to go too far with this, but there are plenty of white guys and girls with dreads. I personally don’t care how anyone wears their hair.

Last edited:
Reactions: Codie B
1459831576448.jpg

1511833487731-gregory.jpeg

1511833678210-JOSH.jpeg

I am not going to go too far with this, but there are plenty of white guys and girls with dreads. I personally don’t care how anyone wears their hair.

I was going to qualify my post on that point, but didn’t think it was necessary. But I literally thought to myself before deciding not to qualify my statement that there’s going to be “that dude” who tries to be cute by posting pics off google of whites people with dreads.

My cousin is a wannabe rapper with dreads. We’re white. You know that’s not the point.

I was going to qualify my post on that point, but didn’t think it was necessary. But I literally thought to myself before deciding not to qualify my statement that there’s going to be “that dude” who tries to be cute by posting pics off google of whites people with dreads.

My cousin is a wannabe rapper with dreads. We’re white. You know that’s not the point.
tenor.gif

You made an odd argument, and I just pointed out it was incorrect. I am one of the most avid Basketball fans on this board. I can’t remember any post that was negative about Sexton’s, Herb’s, Petty’s or Dazon’s hair. I thought it looked cool, but what do I know. If kids want to shave their head or have Derrick Henry hair, I don’t care. I am just glad they want to play at Bama.

ADVERTISEMENT