ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Petty cut his hair

@NovaTiger77 I've seen the same thing. Thanks for saying something.

Petty would look much better if he kept it short on the sides and parted it with a pocket comb. Ought to wear a belt too am i right.

@NovaTiger77 I've seen the same thing. Thanks for saying something.

Petty would look much better if he kept it short on the sides and parted it with a pocket comb. Ought to wear a belt too am i right.

I'd like to see these posts you and @NovaTiger77 are referring to. I'm 31 years old, but y'all have to understand some of the basketball fan base on this board are older and come from different times.

My guy @milso47 grew up when all males pretty much had crew cuts. That's what he's used to. However, I've never seen him say what these guys should or shouldn't do with their hair. Even if a member of this board did give that kind of critique, it doesn't make them racist by any means. The rate at which people immediately label something as racist in this country is starting to get ridiculous.

I like the crazy hair, personally. It gives each player character and something people can identify them with. When my then girlfriend who is now my wife was going to games with me and trying to learn the players, she identified Petty by his hair. As long as they give effort and represent the UofA well, they could all have rainbow colored spikes and I wouldn't care.

I'd like to see these posts you and @NovaTiger77 are referring to. I'm 31 years old, but y'all have to understand some of the basketball fan base on this board are older and come from different times.

My guy @milso47 grew up when all males pretty much had crew cuts. That's what he's used to. However, I've never seen him say what these guys should or shouldn't do with their hair. Even if a member of this board did give that kind of critique, it doesn't make them racist by any means. The rate at which people immediately label something as racist in this country is starting to get ridiculous.

I like the crazy hair, personally. It gives each player character and something people can identify them with. When my then girlfriend who is now my wife was going to games with me and trying to learn the players, she identified Petty by his hair. As long as they give effort and represent the UofA well, they could all have rainbow colored spikes and I wouldn't care.
I agree with everything you said, except starting to get ridiculous. We are WAY WAY beyond ridiculous at this point.

Reactions: milso47

I agree that the label of racist is thrown around entirely too much. I'm not necessarily calling anyone racist, just agreeing with Nova that it has happened a bit on here and it is guys who probably have a few other image based prejudices in the way they see some people. If it's not a matter of race, who cares, it's still a weird thing to be bothered by the haircut a teenager has. Especially considering the fact that trends change and the popular hair during anyone's teenage years is often goofy in retrospect.

I've made no claim about milso or that anyone and everyone is out here slinging remarks about hair but it has absolutely happened and you tell me the last time you saw someone actually own up to that lol. Literally every single time folks just get defensive. So I don't really care very much if someone agrees with the accusation or not since there's 0 chance they would agree if it was 100% true.

I agree that the label of racist is thrown around entirely too much. I'm not necessarily calling anyone racist, just agreeing with Nova that it has happened a bit on here and it is guys who probably have a few other image based prejudices in the way they see some people. If it's not a matter of race, who cares, it's still a weird thing to be bothered by the haircut a teenager has. Especially considering the fact that trends change and the popular hair during anyone's teenage years is often goofy in retrospect.

I've made no claim about milso or that anyone and everyone is out here slinging remarks about hair but it has absolutely happened and you tell me the last time you saw someone actually own up to that lol. Literally every single time folks just get defensive. So I don't really care very much if someone agrees with the accusation or not since there's 0 chance they would agree if it was 100% true.

Understood - I really like this group of folks we have as basketball fans on this board. Typically on TOC, this thread would've already been hi-jacked into a 3-ring circus by now. Glad we have folks in this group who can discuss things rationally and like adults.

Reactions: BamaHudson
Understood - I really like this group of folks we have as basketball fans on this board. Typically on TOC, this thread would've already been hi-jacked into a 3-ring circus by now. Glad we have folks in this group who can discuss things rationally and like adults.

I feel the same way. Thanks CT

Reactions: CrmsnTusk4
ADVERTISEMENT