ADVERTISEMENT

Lots of face value tickets for sale in Starkvegas this Saturday

I've been watching Bama basketball for over 50 years, and I'm just as rabid of a hoops fan as I am of our football team. I didn't even bother watching us last night and that's the first time I've ever intentionally missed one of our games. My frustration with this team had been building with every lackadaisical performance, and it finally reached its tipping point with that absolutely pathetic showing against Missouri last Saturday. I finally decided that if the players don't give a crap why should I? I've travelled all over the country to support our basketball teams in the past, but I'm not sure that I would walk across the street to attend a game right now. I sure as heck ain't driving to another state to watch them. If they start playing with heart and effort like our undermanned and depleted football team did Monday night then I'll change my tune. Until then I don't plan on wasting my time. Anyone need hotel rooms for the Final Four weekend in New Orleans in April? I have 5 at the Doubletree on Canal Street that it looks like I'll be needing to unload.

Last edited:
Reactions: ATLSwag17
To each their own. But this team came back from a 13 point deficient by clawing and scratching against the number 4 team in the country. We need a few key pieces to step up and I think it will come together soon. In my opinion you don’t give up on a team at this stage!

Reactions: bet9
To each their own. But this team came back from a 13 point deficient by clawing and scratching against the number 4 team in the country. We need a few key pieces to step up and I think it will come together soon. In my opinion you don’t give up on a team at this stage!
I didn't come to that decision easily or overnight. I love Bama basketball, but this team has just had too many games where they just didn't show up. South Alabama, Jacksonville State, Iona. Memphis, Missouri were all just plain pathetic. I would feel differently if we just weren't good, but Gonzaga and Houston tell us that's not the case. There have just been too many games where they just went through the motions. I didn't watch the game last night, but they probably wouldn't have had to "scratch and claw" in the frantic last few minutes if they had played with that type of intensity from the opening tip.

Reactions: ATLSwag17
100% with you. Such BS. Talk about fair weather fan lol. We are definitely frustrating bc we have seen us play a few games to our full potential and have been in a funk but my God this is alabama basketball lol. This May be our 2nd best team of the 21st century and guy has quit on them in early January. I love to see guys criticize our team then let it out they didn’t even watch the game lol

Reactions: onebamamaniax
I've been watching Bama basketball for over 50 years, and I'm just as rabid of a hoops fan as I am of our football team. I didn't even bother watching us last night and that's the first time I've ever intentionally missed one of our games. My frustration with this team had been building with every lackadaisical performance, and it finally reached its tipping point with that absolutely pathetic showing against Missouri last Saturday. I finally decided that if the players don't give a crap why should I? I've travelled all over the country to support our basketball teams in the past, but I'm not sure that I would walk across the street to attend a game right now. I sure as heck ain't driving to another state to watch them. If they start playing with heart and effort like our undermanned and depleted football team did Monday night then I'll change my tune. Until then I don't plan on wasting my time. Anyone need hotel rooms for the Final Four weekend in New Orleans in April? I have 5 at the Doubletree on Canal Street that it looks like I'll be needing to unload.

To each their own, and I typically agree and enjoy your posts. However, this is a piss poor quitter mentality. You either support this team, or you don't. I'll make sure if I'm ever giving tickets away to a game that I can't attend, that your request gets ignored (I've given some to you before on 11/5/2018). Don't need fair weather fans in attendance.

To each their own, and I typically agree and enjoy your posts. However, this is a piss poor quitter mentality. You either support this team, or you don't. I'll make sure if I'm ever giving tickets away to a game that I can't attend, that your request gets ignored (I've given some to you before on 11/5/2018). Don't need fair weather fans in attendance.
I'm not quitting. I'm just not gonna go out of my way to watch them. I'm the farthest thing from a fair weather fan. I've travelled all over the country to attend our basketball games and support our teams. I've been there from the early days of C.M. Newton when we were arguably the worst program in the SEC. I never wavered through the lean Hobbs years, the last couple of years of the Gottfried regime, the boring Grant years, or even Johnson's tenure. Many of those teams weren't very good, but I never saw the indifference or lack of effort that I've seen from this team. If they were out there busting their tails I would be among their biggest supporters even in losing efforts, but they're not. My devotion to this program for over 5 decades, even when we had bad teams, proves that my support isn't contingent on wins and losses. I hate losing, but I can handle it as long as I can see that my team is busting their tails and doing the best they can. As I said earlier, why should I give a crap when there have been many instances this season where this team certainly didn't? I love this university and want every one of our teams to succeed.

Can’t blame anyone who doesn’t want to make a trip for this team. Doesn’t mean you don’t care. Auburn took over Coleman last night and for sure flipped the momentum in the rivalry their way last night. Don’t lose at Mizzou in the same fashion as last year (to a worse team) and it would have been different at Coleman and the overall feeling would be different. Nate turned up the volume, and he needs to back it up. Not happening this season.

Reactions: jtr4dad
Can’t blame anyone who doesn’t want to make a trip for this team. Doesn’t mean you don’t care. Auburn took over Coleman last night and for sure flipped the momentum in the rivalry their way last night. Don’t lose at Mizzou in the same fashion as last year (to a worse team) and it would have been different at Coleman and the overall feeling would be different. Nate turned up the volume, and he needs to back it up. Not happening this season.
Long way to go boss. Team could get on a roll at any moment

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT