ADVERTISEMENT

Merging Coleman Crazies with Talk of Champions

Jordan Harper

Head Basketball Analyst
Staff
Dec 28, 2011
Florence, AL
Hey everyone. Little bit of news regarding the basketball board. The Coleman Crazies will be no more as basketball will now be posted on the TOC. While I love this board tremendously and everyone who has made it what it is today, it makes the most sense to have basketball talk on the main message board of the site to get the most traffic.

I think with how big Alabama basketball has gotten, that there will be a lot more discourse and basketball discussion if it is on the board with the most traffic. All basketball posts can be labeled as such to differentiate the sports to make it easier to follow.

I hope all of you understand as the staff believes this will help overall traffic on the message boards. Excited for this upcoming basketball season!

l understand that it will create a lot of activity on the other board and it is not a bad idea since things seem to be a little slow. l do believe however after football season starts and then Basketball starts in November it could create some issues.

Not complaining and l love this site and right now this is probably a good idea since things are slow. Maybe it will pick up enough by November for you guys to take another look at this.

Thanks and l'm not complaining. Just hope things get so busy we have to go back to both boards.

l understand that it will create a lot of activity on the other board and it is not a bad idea since things seem to be a little slow. l do believe however after football season starts and then Basketball starts in November it could create some issues.

Not complaining and l love this site and right now this is probably a good idea since things are slow. Maybe it will pick up enough by November for you guys to take another look at this.

Thanks and l'm not complaining. Just hope things get so busy we have to go back to both boards.
I think basketball is getting talked about so much it needs to spice things up on the boring football board ;)

FOGs aren't gonna like this come November. Though most of those that grouched the loudest don't seem to be around anymore.

Reactions: bet9
If we need traffic let’s allow All subjects on one board…similar to the main board but without the vulgar language. Otherwise combining the two boards will format us just like the competition…and the competition is wayyy ahead of us when it comes to traffic. I like the Coleman Crazies board and will hate to see it go away! RTR

If we need traffic let’s allow All subjects on one board…similar to the main board but without the vulgar language. Otherwise combining the two boards will format us just like the competition…and the competition is wayyy ahead of us when it comes to traffic. I like the Coleman Crazies board and will hate to see it go away! RTR
Agreed

Reactions: bet9 and budog
I just noticed how dead that board is. Most of the talk is from us. There is 6 threads started by members on the front page and 33 here. The biggest threads are sports not foosball or football, whatever they call it.

Anywho, I vote that we merge them with us and eliminate the talk of champions. We're tired of being pushed around.

I like both boards. IMO, bb deserves its own board, but a lot of threads about bb are started on the TOC, which updates casual bb fans. Just as Lainey stated, in about a month, football talk will ramp up and flood the board, which may mean that bb news will be reduced to footnotes. When you mix Recruiting news, football and basketball talk, it will be quite a sportstalk gumbo.

Hey everyone. Little bit of news regarding the basketball board. The Coleman Crazies will be no more as basketball will now be posted on the TOC. While I love this board tremendously and everyone who has made it what it is today, it makes the most sense to have basketball talk on the main message board of the site to get the most traffic.

I think with how big Alabama basketball has gotten, that there will be a lot more discourse and basketball discussion if it is on the board with the most traffic. All basketball posts can be labeled as such to differentiate the sports to make it easier to follow.

I hope all of you understand as the staff believes this will help overall traffic on the message boards. Excited for this upcoming basketball season!
Great decision. Thanks for all you guys do.

Reactions: lainey2020

Talk of Champions hadn’t played nobody!

Fahr this jordan Harper and Neight Oates fellar
😂

If there is a lack of traffic then is it because of basketball or some other issue? TI seems to be one step behind on many stories from "Insiders" when I look at my twitter feed. How can that be solved?

FWIW I think this is a terrible freaking idea. Mark my words, when college football starts we will get lost in the shuffle. As Slowpoke Catracho said this is one of the reasons that make this site so appealing. What is the benefit here for the customer? I just don’t see it. If this bush league decision somehow saves the site money I guess I understand, but I believe it will end up running customers to other sites. Just my .02

Roll Tide!!!!

Last edited:
Vaughn, what is so tough about a 1 click change to the football board?
Not being a smart ass, just isn't tough at all to get the the other forum.
I’m trying to figure that out as well. To be honest it pissed me off having to go to the football board to read basketball information. As I said in my rant I just don’t see one single benefit to the guys paying monthly or yearly. I love this site so I’m going nowhere, but my time of checking in just went from about 20 times a day to about 2-3.

ROLL TIDE!!!!

I’m trying to figure that out as well. To be honest it pissed me off having to go to the football board to read basketball information. As I said in my rant I just don’t see one single benefit to the guys paying monthly or yearly. I love this site so I’m going nowhere, but my time of checking in just went from about 20 times a day to about 2-3.

ROLL TIDE!!!!
In order to find a Basketball post on TOS you have to sift through posts about some rising Sophomore football recruit cutting his potential landing spots down to 17 schools or a football recruits Mommy really liking Pimento frigging Cheese in Gainesville!! I am too old and do not want to work that hard to find Basketball posts. I am for keeping Coleman Crazies just the way it is. RTR

I too enjoyed having the dedicated basketball board. It would be great if the boards are to be combined to have an icon identifying which posts are football related and which are basketball related. Especially for those posters who use teaser titles such as "You're not going to believe this . . ."

I too enjoyed having the dedicated basketball board. It would be great if the boards are to be combined to have an icon identifying which posts are football related and which are basketball related. Especially for those posters who use teaser titles such as "You're not going to believe this . . ."
Tony stated there would be a banner on all basketball posts, like the banners on football recruiting.

If you can't filter by category, the eyes must filter through more posts. Two boards keeps from needing to add filters, which is unlikely. IMO, they think they will get more clicks this way.

Reactions: bet9 and budog
Basketball is important to the members that frequent Coleman Crazies forum. It will not be important to the throngs of football members on the Champions Lounge. It worries me that we will not get the coverage basketball deserves, but here we go.
On another note, I have made some good friends on this forum and don't want to give them up.
Please continue to post on the new site as much as you do now, and thanks for your camaraderie !

Basketball is important to the members that frequent Coleman Crazies forum. It will not be important to the throngs of football members on the Champions Lounge. It worries me that we will not get the coverage basketball deserves, but here we go.
On another note, I have made some good friends on this forum and don't want to give them up.
Please continue to post on the new site as much as you do now, and thanks for your camaraderie !
l agree this is a kinda tight community on this basketball board and some people l really like. Also several of my Father's old friends on here that l have gotten to know mainly thru this basketball board. Like you l hope everybody stays and continues to post.

l have also noticed there is not near as much arguing and bickering back and forth on this board as there is on Champions Lounge.

This idea reminds me of when Bud Light thought it was a good idea to put the Mulvaney person on their beer can. One person with a great idea that I’m afraid will prove to be a horrible decision. Man I hope I’m wrong because we waited years to get the basketball board rolling and now that it is great………..

ROLL TIDE!!!!

This idea reminds me of when Bud Light thought it was a good idea to put the Mulvaney person on their beer can. One person with a great idea that I’m afraid will prove to be a horrible decision. Man I hope I’m wrong because we waited years to get the basketball board rolling and now that it is great………..

ROLL TIDE!!!!
Ditto …

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT