ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan State game

winin11

All American
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2011
For those that didn't watch Michigan State vs Kentucky last night, first I will say it was a heck of a game with The Spartans winning ib double overtime. They are extremely talented and in about 9 days we will face them in the first game we play in the Phil Knight Classic. We really need to cut down our turnovers and turn up our shooting %.
CNO likes to play really good teams and we will find out more about this team when we play Tom Izzo and his Spartans. Gonna be a tough one, but I think we have a chance if we keep our defensive intensity and keep crashing the boards.

Well after we play Jax St tonight they are next up. I hope CNO takes them to Portland early enough to shake off the long flight. We play late Thursday night.
We have a chance to really solidify the notion of this team being a contender. I know 4 games from our preseason schedule aren't much of a barometer, but we have the pieces to play with anyone I have seen in the early season. Even though we have 3 freshmen logging a lot of minutes, I think CNO has a good idea of how to get the most out of this roster. I hope we get to see it.
We will play the winner or loser of the Oregon/UConn game after that. Keep your fingers crossed!
Roll Tide!

Last edited:
Reactions: lainey2020
Things we need to work on to beat Michigan State:

1. Hitting FTs.
2. Finishing in the paint.
3. Turn up the D a little more in the 1st Half.

Michigan State has played against Villanova, Kentucky, Gonzaga and Duke already. They also played Northern Arizona. They lost to Gonzaga by 1 point and Duke by 9 or 10 ....
They have already been acclimated to the rigors of top tier teams and that has advantages.
I hope that somehow CNO can overcome that advantage and keep our guys focused on defense and rebounding like we have been. The offense will be fine if we just keep up the defensive effort.

Michigan State has played against Villanova, Kentucky, Gonzaga and Duke already. They also played Northern Arizona. They lost to Gonzaga by 1 point and Duke by 9 or 10 ....
They have already been acclimated to the rigors of top tier teams and that has advantages.
I hope that somehow CNO can overcome that advantage and keep our guys focused on defense and rebounding like we have been. The offense will be fine if we just keep up the defensive effort.
Have not played Duke this year/ but your points are valid.

Reactions: winin11
Have not played Duke this year/ but your points are valid.
I am glad you pointed that out pwestbro because I am guessing that winin11 read the same article that I read that said Michigan State had played Duke this year. Having absolutely ZERO interest in the NBA I am pretty dialed into college basketball and I knew that I had not seen that game talked about, but I figured that as unlikely as it seemed I had just somehow missed it.

Michigan State is certainly tested and a friend I had dinner with insist that Michigan State will come as a 1 point favorite, but I see no way Bama is an underdog and though I obviously could be wrong I would guess we come as about a 3 point favorite with a total in the 40’s, maybe 142-144. Usually Scoresandodds.com and vegasinsider.com already have the next days lines up, but as of 12:45 am CT neither site has them posted.

ROLL TIDE!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT