ADVERTISEMENT

More news on Shackelford

Between the portal, grad transfers, testing NBA draft, going to the NBA draft, NIL, extra COVID years, gray shirts, blue shirts, and red shirts - just tell me who we got when it's close to game day. Lotta work keeping track of all this mess.
No kidding.

Can't imagine being a head coach having all these new headaches handed to you on top of what was already a crazy high stress level job. A college head coach in football or basketball is very nearly in an impossible to win situation. You just have to play the hand and hope every other head coach out there misses what they need when the turn and river is flopped. In a sense, the better head coaches will be the best at being able to minimize the impact of unforeseen events going off the rails before one can plan out a way to stay on the tracks. Maybe that's always been the case but even more so now.

No kidding.

Can't imagine being a head coach having all these new headaches handed to you on top of what was already a crazy high stress level job. A college head coach in football or basketball is very nearly in an impossible to win situation. You just have to play the hand and hope every other head coach out there misses what they need when the turn and river is flopped. In a sense, the better head coaches will be the best at being able to minimize the impact of unforeseen events going off the rails before one can plan out a way to stay on the tracks. Maybe that's always been the case but even more so now.
With everything now, the turnover you are going to see, have already seen, is just going to be unreal from one year to the next. The really good teams will be different from one year to the next. We already saw that with the blue bloods last year. I think there will be a greater opportunity for more schools to have a chance to win the NC, but the ability to sustain a winning team year in and year out will be extremely difficult.

Last edited:
Reactions: bet9 and TideFever
Between the portal, grad transfers, testing NBA draft, going to the NBA draft, NIL, extra COVID years, gray shirts, blue shirts, and red shirts - just tell me who we got when it's close to game day. Lotta work keeping track of all this mess.
AMEN!
My sentiments exactly! 🤔

If Shackelford really wanted to stay at Bama then I am sure his dad / parents would allow him to continue to stay in Tuscaloosa.

There are some absolutely lunatics as far as parents are concerned that play their hand in their child's path. You'd be very surprised...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT