ADVERTISEMENT

My experience at the SEC Tourney

NashTider

All American
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2001
Attended Saturday & Sunday games.
1) Great contingent of Bama fans both days. Although outnumbered on Saturday, I thought we were louder than the UT fans. Sunday was like a home game as we outnumbered LSU fans 10 to 1.

2) Love the pluck & grit of this team (I felt compelled to use this Yea Alabama phrase) in coming from behind on Saturday & answering everything LSU had for us on Sunday. This is NOT the Alabama of the past decade that would have folded like a cheap tent.

3) Really excited about the future with Keon Ellis & Juwan Gary's play in the tournament, not to mention all the clutch three-pointers from Jaden Shackleford in the second half yesterday.

4) Introduced myself to Greg Byrne after Saturday's game. Suggested to him in future years to allow football TidePride members to buy single game basketball tickets BEFORE general public sales. This will help keep more opposing fans out of Coleman, specifically UK and Allbarn.

5) I had attended at least one Bama basketball game every year since I was a UA student in the early 80s. I hadn't been able to attend one this year until this past weekend. Since I live in Nashville, I bit the bullet & paid inflated prices. It was money well spent as this team is a pleasure to watch and pull for. On to the Big Dance!

Attended Saturday & Sunday games.
1) Great contingent of Bama fans both days. Although outnumbered on Saturday, I thought we were louder than the UT fans. Sunday was like a home game as we outnumbered LSU fans 10 to 1.

2) Love the pluck & grit of this team (I felt compelled to use this Yea Alabama phrase) in coming from behind on Saturday & answering everything LSU had for us on Sunday. This is NOT the Alabama of the past decade that would have folded like a cheap tent.

3) Really excited about the future with Keon Ellis & Juwan Gary's play in the tournament, not to mention all the clutch three-pointers from Jaden Shackleford in the second half yesterday.

4) Introduced myself to Greg Byrne after Saturday's game. Suggested to him in future years to allow football TidePride members to buy single game basketball tickets BEFORE general public sales. This will help keep more opposing fans out of Coleman, specifically UK and Allbarn.

5) I had attended at least one Bama basketball game every year since I was a UA student in the early 80s. I hadn't been able to attend one this year until this past weekend. Since I live in Nashville, I bit the bullet & paid inflated prices. It was money well spent as this team is a pleasure to watch and pull for. On to the Big Dance!
Did you also suggest a new arena?

The issue here isn't open sales that UK fans buy up so much as season ticket holders that make back half or more of what they have in their tickets by gouging UK fans. There were a few years when Cal first started winning big at UK where you could sell crap seats in the corner to a cat fan for $250 or more when the whole season ticket for that seat wasn't but around $300 or so before donation cost.

Reactions: PlaidandParquet
ADVERTISEMENT