ADVERTISEMENT

My winning manifesto

pfaud001

All American
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2006
Here is why Bama is winning the SEC tournament and making the Final Four.

1. They are an elite defensive team
2. They can score in many ways with multiple players.
3. This is a senior led team. If Bama gets down in a game, the seniors can lead them back
4. Elite guard play is starting to show. Q is showing why he was a 5 star.
5. Every player can drain a 3 so Bama is a matchup nightmare for most teams. We may not want all of them to shoot, but all are capable.

I fear no team. We will see where we end up, but I am expecting greatness.
tenor.gif

The one problem is that we’ve been far from impressive against what have turned out to be the best teams on our schedule.

Reactions: Codie B and xcop
If this team can get the offense back to the level they were playing during that stretch of games against UF, Aub, UK, Arky, and LSU than we can beat anybody in the country including Gonzaga.

I think we have the horses to run with 90% of the field. There are a few elite teams that would would just have to catch fire on to get a win but it's possible. Survive and advance is always the motto. I fully expect our first game to be a nail biter, always has been for Bama teams. What I love about this team is we don't have that one guy that has to do well to win. Different guys step up every game. Obviously Herb and Petty playing well makes us very tough. Bottom line if we get hot from three and keep playing hard on D we can hang with anyone. Just excited to be back in the conversation. CNO has done a fantastic job.

The one problem is that we’ve been far from impressive against what have turned out to be the best teams on our schedule.
I will disagree a little bit. We did beat the crap out of LSU, Arkansas, Kentucky, and Florida. We also handled TN the whole time. That is an impressive list of wins.

• Haha
Reactions: bet9 and kansas77
I love our team and your optimism but our senior leaders herb and petty can sometimes go crawl in a hole and not be the leaders they are capable of. THAT worries me the most.
I still think any time we have been down, they step up and pull us through. The only game it didn’t happen was Arkansas and that game should be erased from all of our memories.

Reactions: bet9
I still think any time we have been down, they step up and pull us through. The only game it didn’t happen was Arkansas and that game should be erased from all of our memories.

They didn't pull us through against Missouri or Oklahoma. And that is worrisome given those are the caliber teams we play from here on out.

I think we have the horses to run with 90% of the field. There are a few elite teams that would would just have to catch fire on to get a win but it's possible. Survive and advance is always the motto. I fully expect our first game to be a nail biter, always has been for Bama teams. What I love about this team is we don't have that one guy that has to do well to win. Different guys step up every game. Obviously Herb and Petty playing well makes us very tough. Bottom line if we get hot from three and keep playing hard on D we can hang with anyone. Just excited to be back in the conversation. CNO has done a fantastic job.
This ^^^

Reactions: pfaud001 and bet9
//
good post. this team can win even when we are cold shooting. we have lost a few, but we have won with defense, free throw shooting, and rebounding. i really like this team

I'm just waiting for the haters to pop up in this great post?? Debbie downers were you at?
That group haters is likely preoccupied with being mad that we have the 18-th ranked football recruiting class for 2022, Saban has lost it. I knew it. Probably going to the NFL. I recall this time last year some major recruiting concerns and questions..... until we signed the highest ever rated class. Some people just always look for the bad in things.

Great optimism OP and love your point that the bluebloods of NCAA b-ball are down, so why not Bama? I love to think about how the sports world would absolutely melt down at a level never seen if we hoist the basketball championship right alongside football. Would be a sight to behold.
Who know how this will turn out, but I do know if we are shooting with confidence we can beat any team out there. Roll Tide!

Great optimism OP and love your point that the bluebloods of NCAA b-ball are down, so why not Bama? I love to think about how the sports world would absolutely melt down at a level never seen if we hoist the basketball championship right alongside football. Would be a sight to behold.
Who know how this will turn out, but I do know if we are shooting with confidence we can beat any team out there. Roll Tide!
Their tears would taste delicious.

Reactions: rsaxoniii and bet9
Three Down, 4 to go to the Final Four. I apparently miscounted. Regardless, I am sticking with my Final Four prediction. After we make it, we will see what happens.
Yeah I took it a little further with 7 to go lol. Might as well win the damn thing. I BELIEVE in our ability to reach the Final Four. We put Herb on Kispert, Petty on Suggs, bring on the Zags. Ain't skeered.

Four down, 3 to go to the Final Four. Bama doesn’t have many wins over Pitino, so I will take it. Regardless, I am expecting better things on Monday.

Reactions: rsaxoniii and mtmax
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT