ADVERTISEMENT

Myreon Jones note

Jordan Harper

Head Basketball Analyst
Staff
Dec 28, 2011
Florence, AL
To some in the recruiting circle, they think Alabama leads for Myreon Jones and if they pursue him then they will likely land him. What does that mean for Nimari Burnett? Who knows. I do not think Alabama would take both and Bediako too. To me, I’d rather have Myreon Jones due to having experience being a high level scorer in a power 5 conference. He would be an extremely valuable point guard off the bench that can score efficiently and in bunches. I like Nimari a lot as a player. He’s a big body guard/small forward that can defend multiple positions, but I’m not as sold on his offensive game as I am Jones. I discussed with a fellow Rivals writer about Burnett, and he thinks Alabama leads for him as well. Keep an eye on these two because Nimari commits between April 6-10.

To some in the recruiting circle, they think Alabama leads for Myreon Jones and if they pursue him then they will likely land him. What does that mean for Nimari Burnett? Who knows. I do not think Alabama would take both and Bediako too. To me, I’d rather have Myreon Jones due to having experience being a high level scorer in a power 5 conference. He would be an extremely valuable point guard off the bench that can score efficiently and in bunches. I like Nimari a lot as a player. He’s a big body guard/small forward that can defend multiple positions, but I’m not as sold on his offensive game as I am Jones. I discussed with a fellow Rivals writer about Burnett, and he thinks Alabama leads for him as well. Keep an eye on these two because Nimari commits between April 6-10.
How good of outside shooters are they? I like very good shooters.

15 ppg on 39 fG% 39% 3's with 2 ast pg is hardly what i'd say is high level let along efficient.

Reactions: terp john
Jones has been a consistent 40% shooter from the three point line for 2 straight seasons. I believe that’s better than anyone on Bama’s current roster. I’m open to both Burnett and Jones but if I had to pick then I’d go with the more mature, proven scorer. The team will need to replace a lot of leadership next season and Jones might be able to help here.

But I’ll also add if it was my choice then I’d probably take both Jones and Burnett over Bediako. Do we need another big man in addition to Frenchie, Langston Wilson and Keon Ambrose-Hylton?

@Harper41 ...any chance Alex Reese returns for another season if the NCAA mirrors the same COVID return policy as football?

Last edited:
Jones has been a consistent 40% shooter from the three point line for 2 straight seasons. I believe that’s better than anyone on Bama’s current roster. I’m open to both Burnett and Jones but if I had to pick then I’d go with the more mature, proven scorer. The team will need to replace a lot of leadership and Jones might be able to help here.

But I’ll also add if it was my choice then I’d probably take Jones and Burnett over Bediako. Do we need another big man in addition to Frenchie, Langston Wilson and Keon Ambrose-Hylton?
Totally agree. I know I’ve already said this but I complained throughout Jones’ recruitment that we didn’t pursue him harder.

Jones has been a consistent 40% shooter from the three point line for 2 straight seasons. I believe that’s better than anyone on Bama’s current roster. I’m open to both Burnett and Jones but if I had to pick then I’d go with the more mature, proven scorer. The team will need to replace a lot of leadership next season and Jones might be able to help here.

But I’ll also add if it was my choice then I’d probably take both Jones and Burnett over Bediako. Do we need another big man in addition to Frenchie, Langston Wilson and Keon Ambrose-Hylton?

@Harper41 ...any chance Alex Reese returns for another season if the NCAA mirrors the same COVID return policy as football?
Nah Reese will move on.

How good of outside shooters are they? I like very good shooters.
I've never seen Burnett play, but when he left Texas Tech after 12 games the article said,"While shooting well from the free-throw line, the nation’s 34th-ranked player coming out of high school last year struggled from the field, shooting 28%, and from behind the arc, shooting 17.4%."

Looks like Jones committed to UAB.

If this is the case then I am assuming its possibly Burnett and Bediako for Bama. Although I wish Bama had a shot at the kid transferring from Davidson.
I think that probably means Burnett is coming and we didn't really push for Jones. Otherwise, all things being equal, I can't see a kid choosing UAB over Alabama. I'm sure the 10 or 12 Blazer basketball fans in the universe will probably try to spin it that way, though.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT