ADVERTISEMENT

Hoops 🏀 Nate Oats Tuesday presser

Jack Knowlton

All American
Staff
Oct 10, 2023
Nate Oats: "I'm hoping we're able to maintain the same focus [as UNC and Clemson]."
Nate Oats: "We have a daunting task ahead of us... we're going to give them a game plan to give us a chance." Said Alabama needs to make a lot of shots and UConn needs to miss a lot."
Nate Oats said UConn probably runs the best offensive sets that he's seen all year and will get out and run when needed despite its
On Latrell Wrightsell Jr.: Today was the first day Wrightsell was able to practice. He was limited on what he could do but glad he was out there... our hopes are that he'll be able to play on Saturday."
Oats said Nick Pringle has continued to blitz through his injury: "Thought he looked pretty good in practice today."
Oats said Alabama has played against some of the best bigs in the country but that UConn's Donovan Clingan is built differently. "If you don't double if you have issues doubling the post. If you double him he passes really well. So you have to kind of pick your poison there."
Oats on Nick Pringle: "He's given us everything he's got these last four games. I think he's rebounded really well. I think he's battled with some of the nation's best bigs." Said Alabama should've maybe been helping him more in the paint and that they're playing to his strengths more.
Nate Oats: "Nobody's gonna pick us to win, kinda playing with house money a little... but I think if you go run the numbers in our four games if you take out the time we got up 31 on Charleston... and look at the rest of the minutes in this tournament our defense has been pretty good.... So if you take a top 3 offense and pair it with a top 20 or 30 defense we're pretty good."
Oats: "There's not gonna be a ton of pressure on us. We made the school's first Final Four... But you're there we're going to try and win."
On Mark Sears: "Nobody told me he was gonna be this good... he keeps improving but it's because he comes in and works... Did I think he was gonna be this good, I don't think anybody did. Maybe his mom."
Nate Oats: "I don't know if we'll be breaking bread, me Bobby and Danny [Hurley] but it is pretty cool to be playing his brother in Bobby's [now] hometown."
More on his relationship with the Hurleys: "It's cool. I wish his team wasn't so good."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News