ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Approves Transfer Rule

Another absurd stance

so spoiled and whiny kids knpw better than their elders who like cns are trying to teach life lessons?
Not at all. People make mistakes and the learn from their mistakes. CNS doesn't teach any "life lessons" that kids don't want to accept. Any "learning" situation is a two way street. If the person doesn't want to accept the "teaching" then they make alternative choices. Those choices can turn out good for that person or not. Either way a "lesson" is learned. CNS is not a sage. He is a football coach that offers a philosophy for some to learn by and in any situation there has to be buy-in. Some do, and some don't. It works for some, it doesn't for others. It doesn't mean that they will be a failure, it just means that they need a different teacher that can reach them.

Not at all. People make mistakes and the learn from their mistakes. CNS doesn't teach any "life lessons" that kids don't want to accept. Any "learning" situation is a two way street. If the person doesn't want to accept the "teaching" then they make alternative choices. Those choices can turn out good for that person or not. Either way a "lesson" is learned. CNS is not a sage. He is a football coach that offers a philosophy for some to learn by and in any situation there has to be buy-in. Some do, and some don't. It works for some, it doesn't for others. It doesn't mean that they will be a failure, it just means that they need a different teacher that can reach them.
So you just put out a long elongated post to essentially say if it 1st you don't succeed transfer Maybe somebody there will kiss your ass

Being given the oportunity at Alabama, with a scholarship and all that entails, has nothing to do with other people changing jobs

a ridiculous argument

So you're allowed to cancel your commitment to something while still getting paid, but college students should be punished for canceling their commitment to something while not getting paid. Thanks for confirming you're a hypocrite

• Haha
Reactions: anon_z8qxv7qt5719f
So you just put out a long elongated post to essentially say if it 1st you don't succeed transfer Maybe somebody there will kiss your ass
Not exactly, but I'm glad you are able to interpret most of the post to fit your perspective.

It is my opinion that all these transfers and immediate eligibility do not teach good life lessons. Somehow it gets lost det there should be a commitment from both sides in this
Christ almighty, you’re sounding like a self-righteous asshole. Get with the times. It’s not 1952 anymore.

There are so many of you guys who believe you know what’s best for everyone. I remember when Curt Flood stood up to folks like lots of y’all who wanted to own people and he said no I should be in control of my own destiny. If it doesn’t fit your narrative(a narrative of which lots of y’all have no understanding of) you retreat to old suppression views. Grow up guys...college sports are a business and that’s the bottom line. Nobody should be held to a standard that we would not want to be held to.

Christ almighty, you’re sounding like a self-righteous asshole. Get with the times. It’s not 1952 anymore.
No

7 years passed the great generation and there were real American values and principles in place in society at that time period sad where we are now

No

7 years passed the great generation and there were real American values and principles in place in society at that time period sad where we are now
Jesus Christ. I’m a conservative fiscally and socially, but some of you gumps are the type who think you’ll burn for all of eternity for having premarital sex and who constantly whine about how things were. It’s truly pathetic and embarrassing to witness.

Jesus Christ. I’m a conservative fiscally and socially, but some of you gumps are the type who think you’ll burn for all of eternity for having premarital sex and who constantly whine about how things were. It’s truly pathetic and embarrassing to witness.
Funny how so many enlightened, tolerant wokers Are completely intolerant at times of opinions that differ from theirs

Another absurd stance

so spoiled and whiny kids knpw better than their elders who like cns are trying to teach life lessons?

First off, I actually agree with your argument because I've always felt the same way as you do but then I actually think about what I've done and seen in life as an employer, manager, employee, coach, etc....

Times have changed! The blame is 95% on the coach and not the kids. A great coach who actually has unselfish compassion towards mentoring and will rarely ever lose a player or an employee unless they want to lose them.

These coaches are under extreme pressure to perform immediately and are lazy and self-centered and only focus on results while forgetting to actually teach and explain the basic foundation that creates success....
When a player just walks away there's more to it than them just being a quitter. What kind of shitty job did his coach do to allow it to escalate to that?

I could write a book on this but there is so much to being a great coach or employer and there's not many of them... there's only one cns right now and a few other good/great coaches....100s or rotating absolute failures and a bunch of up and coming coaches that eventually fail to be great 90% of the time and once every 20 years you have a coach cns.

Basically it's the coaches... their selfish ass ways create these whinny kids to transfer and that's all on them.... They are bad coaches that lack the ability to show compassion and teach appropriately or they actually are pushing these players out because they have no patience to develop the athlete into a better person.

They no longer allow whips in coaching but most coach still train with a whip mentality and that doesn't work in today's society.

Times have changed.

Sorry, I can't stop with that... Example...

So today I become the Head football coach of the University of Alabama...

I tell the players screw that dumb cns process crap and we are just gonna have fun. Workout whenever you want, eat what you want, go to class when you want, etc.... you get the point...

Then I scream and yell at them while losing to Southern Mississippi 49-7...players quit trying in the middle of the game and 10 transfer immediately.

In my press conference I say that it's the kids cns brought in, they're quitters, losers, and they don't make em like they use to.

The actual reality is.... I'm a POS coach!

Not Sure hell thinking there should be more commitment on the part of players equates to wanting to own people maybe some of the brilliant Philosophers on this board can enlighten me

I am older and I feel like this should have been done long ago.
Most of these kids are smarter than some of you think. They are about to get some compensation where they deserve it.

I am older and I feel like this should have been done long ago.
Most of these kids are smarter than some of you think. They are about to get some compensation where they deserve it.
I guess a scholarship, royal treatment, best food and care on campus, all kinds of free Nike gear, is not compensation?

I guess a scholarship, royal treatment, best food and care on campus, all kinds of free Nike gear, is not compensation?
How about compensation being allowed like regular students?
How about compensation from someone using their likeness to make money?
By the way P&P these student athletes earned their scholarships and with that comes the food they eat and tutoring and all other things that go with a scholarship.

How about compensation being allowed like regular students?
How about compensation from someone using their likeness to make money?
By the way P&P these student athletes earned their scholarships and with that comes the food they eat and tutoring and all other things that go with a scholarship.
Scholarship also comes with obligations and responsibilities or at least used to

NCAA has passed a rule where athletes of any sport can transfer one time without having to sit out. This was obviously expected to be passed but is now official.
Very fair rule and good for the players, it’s just a 1 time pass and not musical chairs. I’m still not going to like it when the Auburns’ and other SEC teams come poaching around, I just hope that players are the only ones who can initiate contact with other programs or cannot talk with other schools unless they are declared in the transfer portal. If not I can see coaches calling our second team DB’s immediately once our depth chart is released in the fall saying “you can start here!”

Reactions: Sassy12
Very fair rule and good for the players, it’s just a 1 time pass and not musical chairs. I’m still not going to like it when the Auburns’ and other SEC teams come poaching around, I just hope that players are the only ones who can initiate contact with other programs or cannot talk with other schools unless they are declared in the transfer portal. If not I can see coaches calling our second team DB’s immediately once our depth chart is released in the fall saying “you can start here!”
I'm not against the rule, but I know it will occasionally be abused.

Many of the coaches of the better players who excelled in Travel Team BB will simply be contacted by schools, allowing their old coaches to begin dialogues with their former players, 'are you happy at State?' 'so and so is interested in your skill set' 'think about it, good PT for you, you'll be a starter'... then the Transfer Portal.

And I'm sure some payola for the travel coaches as well...

My fear is simply more area for tampering within the system. Coach A wants player B and sends word that he could use on his higher ranked team. Who keeps this from becoming open recruiting season? I know players/coaches have to sign a no tampering notice in order for the transfer to go through. Makes for hard management of a roster when player leaves a week before the season. I hope a time period goes with the ability to transfer. I other words, you need to notify school by May 1 if you plan to leave roster. And the school needs to notify player if they aren’t keeping them on roster by a set date.

Reactions: PlaidandParquet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT