ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA career scoring record may fall tonight

jtr4dad

All American
Gold Member
Aug 2, 2011
Hoover, Alabama
Antoine Davis needs 26 points tonight to break the once seemingly untouchable NCAA career scoring record of Pistol Pete Maravich. He averages over 28 ppg, so a normal game from him will be enough to surpass that mark. He is the son of former Bama star Mike Davis, so that gives his quest a little local flavor. I was a big Pistol Pete fan, but I'll be pulling for Antoine tonight.

Antoine Davis needs 26 points tonight to break the once seemingly untouchable NCAA career scoring record of Pistol Pete Maravich. He averages over 28 ppg, so a normal game from him will be enough to surpass that mark. He is the son of former Bama star Mike Davis, so that gives his quest a little local flavor. I was a big Pistol Pete fan, but I'll be pulling for Antoine tonight.
Pistol's record is still unfathomable.

Davis will be playing his 144th game tonight I think. Pistol played 83 and averaged 44/game. That's essentially 2 seasons more to catch Pistol.

Last edited:
Sorry but Pistol's record is still unfathomable.

Davis will be playing his 144th game tonight I think. Pistol played 83 and averaged 44/game. That's essentially 2 seasons more to catch Pistol.
Also Pete did not have a 3 point line so his buckets were a deuce a piece. The Davis kid seems like a good kid from the little bit I have seen of him. Detroit will lose tonight, but I wonder if the Youngstown State players will say no record against us big man or will they back off once they get the game in hand.

ROLL TIDE!!!!

Also Pete did not have a 3 point line so his buckets were a deuce a piece. The Davis kid seems like a good kid from the little bit I have seen of him. Detroit will lose tonight, but I wonder if the Youngstown State players will say no record against us big man or will they back off once they get the game in hand.

ROLL TIDE!!!!
Dale Brown said he charted every shot Pistol took at LSU and said it there had been a 3 point line he would have averaged over 60 ppg

Also Pete did not have a 3 point line so his buckets were a deuce a piece.
Yeah, I think Davis is playing in his fifth full season due to the extra COVID year. Knowing all of this it will be kind of sad to see Pete's record fall.

Last edited:
The Basketball GOD’S were smiling on “Pistol” Pete tonight!! Davis falls four points short. Still a Great effort by him! But Pete is still the best!
ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Reactions: lainey2020
The real question is where is your defense of Kristie Curry? We are waiting!!

The Basketball GOD’S were smiling on “Pistol” Pete tonight!! Davis falls four points short. Still a Great effort by him! But Pete is still the best!
ROLL TIDE ROLL!
Apparently, Detroit Mercy could still receive an invite to the CBI tourney, even with a 14-19 record. What do you want to bet they get a mercy (pun intended) invite so Davis can break the record?

Apparently, Detroit Mercy could still receive an invite to the CBI tourney, even with a 14-19 record. What do you want to bet they get a mercy (pun intended) invite so Davis can break the record?
IMO this is a travesty to basketball if this occurs! No 14-19 team should be playing post season basketball! I know that this is a possibility but just for the sake of breaking this record would be a joke IMO!
ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Reactions: lainey2020
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT