ADVERTISEMENT

Nimari Burnett

Jordan Harper

Head Basketball Analyst
Staff
Dec 28, 2011
Florence, AL
Nimari Burnett will announce his final decision the week of April 6-9. I believe it will come down to Alabama and Illinois. I like Alabama’s chances considering they finished 2nd in his recruitment and honestly was going to land him up until the week he committed. Just a gut feeling but there hasn’t been any information released about where he leans.

Harper...remind me again...what of player is Burnett? How will he fit in Oat's system?
He’s a 6’4 200 lb SG/SF who is a really good shooter and can play off ball really well as well. He was not a good fit at Texas Tech because of their style of play, but should flourish in a style like Alabama or Illinois

He’s a 6’4 200 lb SG/SF who is a really good shooter and can play off ball really well as well. He was not a good fit at Texas Tech because of their style of play, but should flourish in a style like Alabama or Illinois
i thought he played point.

i thought he played point.
He was considered a CG out of HS but is kinda thick so at 6'5 he can slide from 2 to 3. I'm sure he can run some PG but it won't be his primary position. There's Nimari, Myreon Jones, and who am I forgetting? Isn't there one other high level CG we're on? Any of the three would be super solid joining our class assuming we land Bediako too. Really filling some needs.

Reactions: vegas man
I’m thinking he commits by the end of the month, but nobody can ever tell with him
Yes, I think he has proven that. The last thing I read about him was he was telling someone he wanted to watch some of his teams in the tournament. I hope he goes ahead and make a move so CNO can move on and get someone out of the portal or from Juco etc.

Reactions: bet9
It doesn't really matter, there are no positions in Oats system. We sure could use some taller trees though!

ADVERTISEMENT