ADVERTISEMENT

Nimari Burnett

Jordan Harper

Head Basketball Analyst
Staff
Dec 28, 2011
Florence, AL
Former 5 star and McDonalds All-American Nimari Burnett will make his transfer decision at 2pm CST tomorrow on Twitter. I have been saying for over a month that I feel confident in him choosing Alabama and I still feel that way. He will choose Alabama tomorrow and that will make 3 McDonalds All-Americans that will be on Alabama’s roster next season.

I took a brief stroll down recruiting memory lane yesterday and looked at the archives. Seems like most of the pre Oats classes were heavy with Alabama kids. Oats' last two classes will be comprised of 3 kids from Florida, 2 from Georgia, 1 from Ohio, Ontario, Arizona, and Illinois, and a lone 5 star kid from Alabama. Not too shabby.

I took a brief stroll down recruiting memory lane yesterday and looked at the archives. Seems like most of the pre Oats classes were heavy with Alabama kids. Oats' last two classes will be comprised of 3 kids from Florida, 2 from Georgia, 1 from Ohio, Ontario, Arizona, and Illinois, and a lone 5 star kid from Alabama. Not too shabby.
I think it's a trend with the impact of the Transfer Portal. Unless they are 5 stars I see locals going to smaller schools and transfer from JUCO or those smaller schools.

Reactions: terp john
I think it's a trend with the impact of the Transfer Portal. Unless they are 5 stars I see locals going to smaller schools and transfer from JUCO or those smaller schools.
No doubt the transfer portal has ushered in a new era for roster building in college basketball.

IMO it makes it a lot more competitive because high D1 teams that may have a hole, or miss on the “One and done” NBA prep prospect, have another option to fill that roster gap with a proven transfer or Juco player that may not be a sure fire NBA prospect, but it farther along in development. I think experience is proving that those more mature players are sometimes better, even if they don’t have the long term upside, so getting a competitive roster is available to more teams.

Usually more options just means the rich get richer, thankfully CNO has a style that players love.

I don’t think Bama has ever had 3 McDonald’s All Americans on the roster at one time before if I’m not mistaken?

No doubt the transfer portal has ushered in a new era for roster building in college basketball.

IMO it makes it a lot more competitive because high D1 teams that may have a hole, or miss on the “One and done” NBA prep prospect, have another option to fill that roster gap with a proven transfer or Juco player that may not be a sure fire NBA prospect, but it farther along in development. I think experience is proving that those more mature players are sometimes better, even if they don’t have the long term upside, so getting a competitive roster is available to more teams.

Usually more options just means the rich get richer, thankfully CNO has a style that players love.

I don’t think Bama has ever had 3 McDonald’s All Americans on the roster at one time before if I’m not mistaken?
bobby lee hurt, ennis whatley, and buck johnson.

Dang mr4, did McDonald’s even have All Americans for basketball back then?
I remember Parade All Americans....
Yeah. Charles Barkley got snubbed and he's joked about it before. So, it's been around. I remember even watching Shaq when he played in the Mcdonald's All-American game with Dickie V commentating.

Last edited by a moderator:
So how does our fans feel now about players who quit on their team halfway through the season now that we have one?

Reactions: terp john
So how does our fans feel now about players who quit on their team halfway through the season now that we have one?
I have been consistent with my views on this. When you leave mid season on your team then there is no way around the fact that you quit on your team. I am sure there are many reasons for doing it, but it’s hard to understand (at least for me it is) why not to just see it out and then leave right when the season is over. Bama player or not I don’t like it a bit. With that said nobody will be pulling any harder for Burnett than I will.

ROLL TIDE!!

ADVERTISEMENT