ADVERTISEMENT

Noah Gurley Transfers to Alabama

Furman grad transfer Noah Gurley announces he will be transferring to Alabama. The 6’8 210lb power forward is the final piece to Alabama’s roster next season. He is a very skilled big guy that averaged 15 ppg last year and will solidly the front court for Alabama.
Possibly provides additional ‘Leadership’ for a young team

Looking forward to next season. Bama looking at the deepest most talented team they possibility have had ever. Expectations will be very high.
Very deep team at least four or five deep off the bench. Anything less than final four will most likely be considered a disappointment.
It may be unfair to Coach Oats and the team, but they have expectations very high right now.
First time in over 30 years that I’m looking forward to basketball season to start on equal expectations as I do for football.

Harper, I have heard an interesting scenario about the two not on next year's team. What are you hearing?

This team will be ocean deep and to think Kool-Aid and T Arnold will add additional non basketball scholarship talent the second part of the year is crazy.

Reactions: bamabeatallday
This team will be ocean deep and to think Kool-Aid and T Arnold will add additional non basketball scholarship talent the second part of the year is crazy.
It will be cool to see football players on the sideline at basketball games, however they are not SEC caliber basketball players though and won’t get any meaningful minutes. Imagine we’re blowing a team out by 20, and instead of walk ons subbing in to finish the game we sub in our starting DBs from the football team? I look forward to that day

Reactions: Bhug
It will be cool to see football players on the sideline at basketball games, however they are not SEC caliber basketball players though and won’t get any meaningful minutes. Imagine we’re blowing a team out by 20, and instead of walk ons subbing in to finish the game we sub in our starting DBs from the football team? I look forward to that day
Haha Saban wouldn’t let them play live I can almost guarantee it.

Reactions: xcop
I’m sure Saban has mentioned to him a few times in the Athletic complex......Recruiting Recruiting Recruiting. If I was Oats, I would have Saban walk into his office like he is doing a in-home and have a notepad in my hands.

Koolaid will be one injury away from being a starting CB by the end of fall camp IMO so i doubt he risks that playing bball.

Although Kool-Aid was the top football prospect in the state, he was also top 5 in basketball. Granted there was a huge drop off after JD this year, he does have serious hoop talent. I have not watched T Arnold play live so I'm not sure how good of a "basketball prospect" he was considered. Kool-Aid will always be a football first player, but is a great all around athlete. I would not expect him to be in the regular rotation based on the fact that he would join the team so late in the season. The value of having basically walk ons with that type talent will make the team that much better everyday in practice. I disagree with Saban holding him back from participating with the bball team because of fear of injury. We all can agree that if Kool-Aid was starting at DB and was the best punt returner on the team....he would be deep receiving punts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT