ADVERTISEMENT

Hoops Recruiting Nuggets From A Huge Recruiting Weekend

Jordan Harper

Head Basketball Analyst
Staff
Dec 28, 2011
Florence, AL
Alabama hosted 3 top 15 players this weekend for what ended up being the game of the year in college football so far this season. Here’s what I’m hearing:

#1 overall player AJ Dybansta brought his family and had an incredible time in told. Preston Murphy is his former AAU coach so there’s a lot of familiarity there. It’ll come down to money at BYU or development at Alabama. Present money vs future money. Alabama I’m told is in a good spot with him, but it can go either way.

5 star Brayden Burries is a guy I’ve mentioned to keep an eye on for Alabama if things fell through with Arizona. It’s sounding like Arizona may be slow playing him and letting Alabama hop back in for him. Which is great because he’s high on Alabama. He could be on commit watch soon.

5 star 2026 wing Caleb Holt was also in town again as he’s visited multiple times originally going to Buckhorn. He’s arguably the most important recruit that Oats had recruited considering he’s a top 5, former in state player and has recruited him since he got hired.

5 star Maleek Thomas had to reschedule because of the weather preventing him to arrive. He’s scheduled to visit Arkansas this upcoming weekend, but I’m told he is likely to visit Alabama in two weeks. Looking like Arkansas, UConn, and Bama for Thomas.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.