ADVERTISEMENT

Officals

What a crappy called game tonight. Pigs played better but refs didn't`t give us a chance.
How come no basketball threads? I posted one and mods apparently deleted it. What gives? Are we not allowed to post about basketball?

Hogs played well tonite but they definitely had some home cooking from the refs. It will be interesting to see who wins the next game on a neutral court.

I’m having trouble holding my composure right now. Shows should be fired. I wish every Alabama fan would call the SEC office. I’d love to put them on a robo call.

Some of you math majors give us the probability of a 43 to 8 freethrow advantage for one team over another with similar styles of play. It seems to me that homecooking is the norm in basketball. I wonder if the SEC office has ever done an analysis of home vs visiting team fouls. If they haven't they need to.

While I am venting let me remind BAMA fans of the 2001 UCLA vs BAMA football game played in TUSCALOOSA. In that game BAMA was penalized 15 times for 95+- yards. UCLA was not penalized during the game||| Very strange.

Reactions: terp john
It was bad officiating even by SEC standards which apparently are very low anyway. Home team normally gets the edge but this was way over the top.

Some of you math majors give us the probability of a 43 to 8 freethrow advantage for one team over another with similar styles of play. It seems to me that homecooking is the norm in basketball. I wonder if the SEC office has ever done an analysis of home vs visiting team fouls. If they haven't they need to.

While I am venting let me remind BAMA fans of the 2001 UCLA vs BAMA football game played in TUSCALOOSA. In that game BAMA was penalized 15 times for 95+- yards. UCLA was not penalized during the game||| Very strange.

‘if you review the box scores, there is a minimal difference in the fouls called in majority of the game. Doug Shows should be banned from reffing ever again. Absolutely, no integrity to this man.

Last edited:
Reactions: BAM_NECK420
Whoever went back and researched that that was the largest FT differential in SEC in 10-15 years I wish would break down games Shows
Has called for BAMA. Would be interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT