ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma is Going to be A Tough One, l've Got A Feeling

lainey2020

All American
Gold Member
May 15, 2022
They don't have a great record and they had one really bad loss. Several of their losses however have been very tight. l think they had very close losses to Kansas and Kansas State. They are capable of beating most teams under tomorrows circumstances.

We are coming in ranked #2. They will be fired up and so will the crowd. They'll have 'em hanging off the rafters. l really like our team and have confidence in them. l also think the scare we got at home from Miss. State should help us. l do believe our 3 point shooting will need to improve for us to win this game though.

They don't have a great record and they had one really bad loss. Several of their losses however have been very tight. l think they had very close losses to Kansas and Kansas State. They are capable of beating most teams under tomorrows circumstances.

We are coming in ranked #2. They will be fired up and so will the crowd. They'll have 'em hanging off the rafters. l really like our team and have confidence in them. l also think the scare we got at home from Miss. State should help us. l do believe our 3 point shooting will need to improve for us to win this game though.
Limiting TOs, hitting FTs, and making some 3s will be paramount. Just don't cede the game before tipoff.
RTR!!!!

they will be ready to face this hostile environment and I think it will be a good game put away late by Bama.

Reactions: lainey2020

I agree for many reasons.

1) I don't like that this game falls right in the middle of our SEC schedule. We're probably 12-15 points better than they are, and if the game had been played in December I wouldn't have been nearly as concerned. Our main focus at this time is on a conference championship.
2) Oklahoma has more to play for than we do. They're fighting for their NCAA Tournament lives and we're the highest ranked team left on their schedule. It's their opportunity for a resume building "signature win".
3) We're playing on a short turnaround time against a team that we're not familiar with.
4) Our guys looked tired Wednesday night. On top of physical fatigue, we could be a mentally drained team as well due to the Miles situation that has to be weighing heavily on our psyche.
5) It's a road game in what will be a very hostile environment.

Hope our guys are up to the challenge.

1) I don't like that this game falls right in the middle of our SEC schedule. We're probably 12-15 points better than they are, and if the game had been played in December I wouldn't have been nearly as concerned. Our main focus at this time is on a conference championship.
2) Oklahoma has more to play for than we do. They're fighting for their NCAA Tournament lives and we're the highest ranked team left on their schedule. It's their opportunity for a resume building "signature win".
3) We're playing on a short turnaround time against a team that we're not familiar with.
4) Our guys looked tired Wednesday night. On top of physical fatigue, we could be a mentally drained team as well due to the Miles situation that has to be weighing heavily on our psyche.

You paint a grim picture, but unfortunately it's true. When I saw the game on the sked, I too wondered why are we (SEC) having this challenge in the middle of conference play. I would feel better if it were at a neutral site.

You paint a grim picture, but unfortunately it's true. When I saw the game on the sked, I too wondered why are we (SEC) having this challenge in the middle of conference play. I would feel better if it were at a neutral site.
I didn't mean for it to be grim, just wanted to point out why I think it's gonna be quite a challenge for us. I don't doubt this team at all. We've been up to every challenge since the Gonzaga game. I think we'll be up to this one as well. It's just not gonna be a walk in the park.

Reactions: lainey2020
l certainly like our chances to win, but this will certainly be a tough test and will be a bigger accomplishment than we might get credit for.
Lets keep it rolling.

Reactions: winin11 and Codie B
Welp, I've got my frosty beverage and homemade chili ready, and I will sit in my armchair coaching position and yell unsolicited advice at the TV.
RTR!!!

!
Winter Cheese GIF by Hormel Chili

While I have no idea how the team is mentally handling the Miles situation, sometimes tragedies like this can bring a team closer together and help their performance on the court. One reference that definitely comes to mind was Hank Gathers tragic passing, and that team came together and played really well after that in the tournament(which we unfortunately saw firsthand). Hopefully, that ends up the case with this team.

This about sums it up. Your predictions came true.

Reactions: BaselineLeaner4
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT