ADVERTISEMENT

Predict Bama's OOC record

frazor

All American
Gold Member
Aug 20, 2002
Last season the abbreviated OOC schedule set the tone for what we all feared was the same ole same ole before Bama absolutely dominated the conference. Baylor, Gonzaga, and Houston should be difficult games. I'll have to see it from Memphis to believe it. Penny signed a great class this year but he also signed a stud last year before the kid decided to bolt.

Man I can't wait for the season to start.

La Tech. W
San Diego St. W
South Alabama. W
Oakland. W
@Iona. W
@Gonzaga L
Houston L
@Memphis W
JSU W
Colorado St. W
Baylor W

Reactions: StablerCountry
Last season the abbreviated OOC schedule set the tone for what we all feared was the same ole same ole before Bama absolutely dominated the conference. Baylor, Gonzaga, and Houston should be difficult games. I'll have to see it from Memphis to believe it. Penny signed a great class this year but he also signed a stud last year before the kid decided to bolt.

La Tech. W
San Diego St. W
South Alabama. W
Oakland. W
@Iona. W
@Gonzaga L
Houston L
@Memphis W
JSU W
Colorado St. W
Baylor W
Looks about right, except I think we beat Houston. At Memphis is a toss-up. We should also win our second round game in the Orlando tournament, which would more than likely set up a matchup with Kansas in the finals. A win there would propel us into the top 10.

I got to be honest. I want to believe we could win 2 of the 4 between Gonzaga, Houston, Baylor and Memphis, but I see it more as 1 and 3. I also think Bama drops a game out side of these four, giving them at least four losses before January.
If we at just 2 losses on January 1, 2022, this could be a very very good team.

I got to be honest. I want to believe we could win 2 of the 4 between Gonzaga, Houston, Baylor and Memphis, but I see it more as 1 and 3. I also think Bama drops a game out side of these four, giving them at least four losses before January.
If we at just 2 losses on January 1, 2022, this could be a very very good team.

If we have 2 losses at the start of January we'll be top 5

La Tech. W
San Diego St. W
South Alabama. W
Oakland. W
@Iona. W
@Gonzaga L
Houston L
@Memphis W
JSU W
Colorado St. W
Baylor W
That’s a really difficult out of conference schedule 9-2 would be phenomenal. I’ll go with 7-4 and 12-6 in conference

Reactions: frazor
Afraid Oat’s has over scheduled with this new team. Pretty sure he was counting on Primo and Burnett playing.

The schedule was made long after Primo declared and most of it after Burnett was injured, I believe. Basketball schedules are not made years in advance.

La Tech. W
San Diego St. W
South Alabama. W
Oakland. W
@Iona. W
@Gonzaga L
Houston L
@Memphis W
JSU W
Colorado St. W
Baylor W

If they beat Iona, there will be another game with Belmont or Miami or another team. It’s a four team small tourney.
Based on last night, I actually think this team has a good chance to meet or maybe exceed what you predicted above.

Reactions: frazor
If they beat Iona, there will be another game with Belmont or Miami or another team. It’s a four team small tourney.
Based on last night, I actually think this team has a good chance to meet or maybe exceed what you predicted above.
It's actually an 8 team tournament. If we beat Iona and win our second round game we would most likely play Kansas in the finals. The Jayhawks looked good against Sparty last night. That possible matchup would give us a pretty good barometer of where we stand early in the season.

I wouldn’t be surprised 6-5 or 8-3. Our bigs have work to do. We should be fun to watch and the schedule makes it more so!

It's actually an 8 team tournament. If we beat Iona and win our second round game we would most likely play Kansas in the finals. The Jayhawks looked good against Sparty last night. That possible matchup would give us a pretty good barometer of where we stand early in the season.

That's right, I remember now. Not sure why I was thinking just 4 teams.

The schedule was made long after Primo declared and most of it after Burnett was injured, I believe. Basketball schedules are not made years in advance.
Primo perhaps/ not after Burnett.

Going to Seattle to play Gonzaga is the only obvious loss I see.. we’ll drop a couple others bc it’s basketball but I definitely want to see this team play with and beat a couple of these big dogs. Time to change the expectations a bit bc this team is deep and well rounded. When they play to their potential they absolutely can beat anyone…. Except Gonzaga early on(Timme will give our young bigs an introduction to CBB) but that may be a different story by March!

I know we played a great first game, and everybody is excited(including me), but we need to keep it in perspective that it is just one game. BB is a fickle sport, and you can look great one night, and rough the next. I am less concerned about our bigs than some on here. I am more concerned about our shooting. If we shoot well from the outside(like Tuesday night), and don’t turn the ball over too much, we can play with anybody in the country imop. The difference is, as one big example, are we going to see the Shack we saw Tuesday night on a consistent basis, or the Shack we saw in the first exhibition game?

Reactions: mtmax and Bocat69
ADVERTISEMENT