ADVERTISEMENT

Football 🏈 Preseason scrimmage nuggets

Tony_Tsoukalas

All American
Staff
Feb 5, 2014
I'm going to have a full report, but it's going to take me some time to go back over all my notes. Here are a few things that stood out from taking to a few sources.

— Ryan Williams is as advertised. He had a long touchdown reception from Jalen Milroe on a hitch-and-go route. Williams was able to get DaShawn Jones to bite on a double move, and Milroe delivered a nice deep ball.
— Milroe also had touchdown passes to Jam Miller and C.J. Dippre. He was also picked off by Malachi Moore.
— Ty Simpson had three touchdown passes all from around 25 yards out. One came on on a corner route to Germie Bernard and another was on a deep ball to Cole Adams in the back of the end zone. Adams made a nice grab on his touchdown, getting a foot down in the back of the end zone before running into the wall.
— Wilkin Formby started at right tackle with the first team. Elijah worked exclusively at right tackle, starting with the second unit before getting some reps with the first team.
— LT Overton was an absolute menace on the defensive line. I heard some really great stuff about him.
— Both Milroe and Simpson were sacked twice apiece. Alabama's pressure was coming from both sides of the line. The offense struggled to pick up Malachi Moore when he blitzed.
— Richard Young did not participate in the scrimmage from what I've heard.

Full nuggets here

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News