ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball ⚾️ Question for Bamainsider Stat guys on JQ and Team Point Production

A

anon_z8qxv7qt5719f

Over the past month since we crushed LSU what is our Point production per game when JQ has say 12+ points or increased minutes in the game?

I ask because it seems to me that when he meets these two conditions or even 1 of these conditions our total team point production per game seems to go down. And I could be mistaken and wrong. It won't be the first time! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
He’s quietly become our best offensive player but it doesn’t seem like he needs tons of volume. We need him to help get guys open 3’s in the half court. I just think we haven’t played great. Seems like we haven’t shot it very good either. But I’d be interested to see the stat...

He’s quietly become our best offensive player but it doesn’t seem like he needs tons of volume. We need him to help get guys open 3’s in the half court. I just think we haven’t played great. Seems like we haven’t shot it very good either. But I’d be interested to see the stat...
He would have a lot more assists if anyone other than him were hitting threes

We’ve become a really slow starting team lately. I would really consider Quinerly back in the starting 5 and see if he can help us get rolling quicker. My biggest fear is a slow start game 1 of the tournament and some 5’10 white guy from southwestern Arkansas state Little Rock hits 5 threes in the first 4 minutes and it’s an uphill climb to avoid tournament death. It’s an unforgiving tournament for the top dawgs

Reactions: Sweetlou10
We’ve become a really slow starting team lately. I would really consider Quinerly back in the starting 5 and see if he can help us get rolling quicker. My biggest fear is a slow start game 1 of the tournament and some 5’10 white guy from southwestern Arkansas state Little Rock hits 5 threes in the first 4 minutes and it’s an uphill climb to avoid tournament death. It’s an unforgiving tournament for the top dawgs
We just need a true PG. JQ and Shackelford are gunning when they hit the floor.

I think they key is to not have JQ and Shack on the floor at the same time.

Not sure about overall stats but Bama scored 44 of their 64 points (68%) with Q on the floor.
Not that I don't think it's possible, I'd like to see the tracking stats on that part.

What do you mean by tracking stats?
Like how do we know how many points we scored during the 27 minutes? We know that he only had 2 assists and 19pts. So if we scored 44 points during that time, we know he scored 19 of those pts. in 27 min. He was 8-16 during that 27 Minutes.

Like how do we know how many points we scored during the 27 minutes? We know that he only had 2 assists and 19pts. So if we scored 44 points during that time, we know he scored 19 of those pts. in 27 min. He was 8-16 during that 27 Minutes.
I rewatched the game. When Q checked in I noted the score and did the same when he checked out.

Reactions: anon_z8qxv7qt5719f
I rewatched the game. When Q checked in I noted the score and did the same when he checked out.
Thanks! However, it's sort of alarming for a PG to put up 16 shots and only dish out 2 assists, to me at least! Surely, he's a big enough threat to drive the ball and draw a couple of defenders so he drop more dimes.

Thanks! However, it's sort of alarming for a PG to put up 16 shots and only dish out 2 assists, to me at least! Surely, he's a big enough threat to drive the ball and draw a couple of defenders so he drop more dimes.
In order for him to get assists, other people have to score. He's done a phenomenal job of driving and drawing defenders and passing to the right guy, but the right guy isn't scoring right now.

Reactions: frazor
In order for him to get assists, other people have to score. He's done a phenomenal job of driving and drawing defenders and passing to the right guy, but the right guy isn't scoring right now.
Agree totally and I get what you're saying. However, in 27 minutes that's 16 offensive possessions where he made a FG attempt and most probably 16 possessions for the opposing team if you think about in terms of time with the ball and defending. And if previously stated, we scored 44 total points during that time he was on the court then we weren't having any offensive issues. We need to find someone else to bring the ball up court in the 1 position when he is out there.

Agree totally and I get what you're saying. However, in 27 minutes that's 16 offensive possessions where he made a FG attempt and most probably 16 possessions for the opposing team if you think about in terms of time with the ball and defending. And if previously stated, we scored 44 total points during that time he was on the court then we weren't having any offensive issues. We need to find someone else to bring the ball up court in the 1 position when he is out there.
I just can’t think of anyone else I’d rather have handling the ball at the 1 on our team

Shacklelford Stats: 736 Min.

Shot the ball 284 times: 114-284
Total Assists: 52

Jaden Shackelford - Men's Basketball - University of Alabama Athletics (rolltide.com)

Shack is shooting 40% from the field. Maybe he need to give the ball up more.
I could care less if he brings it up or what he’s called. But there are times when you need a guy to get a shot or get somebody a shot. He’s the only guy with that ability on this roster. Like the end of the Missouri game, we needed someone that can create a shot for himself or a teammate. If JQ doesn’t bring it down, he might not get it back. Our 4 out zone offense we employ against man to man requires a guard that can break things a down of a team sticks to our shooters. I wish we had more motion in the half court....

I could care less if he brings it up or what he’s called. But there are times when you need a guy to get a shot or get somebody a shot. He’s the only guy with that ability on this roster. Like the end of the Missouri game, we needed someone that can create a shot for himself or a teammate. If JQ doesn’t bring it down, he might not get it back. Our 4 out zone offense we employ against man to man requires a guard that can break things a down of a team sticks to our shooters. I wish we had more motion in the half court....
And I agree to a point. It would be cool if we had another ball handler where he could come off the bench like Vinnie Johnson used to do for the Pistons. The Microwave!

Shacklelford Stats: 736 Min.

Shot the ball 284 times: 114-284
Total Assists: 52

Jaden Shackelford - Men's Basketball - University of Alabama Athletics (rolltide.com)

Shack is shooting 40% from the field. Maybe he need to give the ball up more.

He’s the most consistent finisher at the rim that we have. He’s struggled shooting the 3 this year. He is in a serious 3 point slump. If he starts hitting 3s as well he could potentially be the best player in the league.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT