ADVERTISEMENT

Quinerly

JQ will be alright, just needs to settle down and stop trying to do too much. It was not until the SEC tourney last year before he kinda took over. I'm more concerned with the play from our bigs.....soft is an understatement.

Reactions: Codie B and budog
JQ will be alright, just needs to settle down and stop trying to do too much. It was not until the SEC tourney last year before he kinda took over. I'm more concerned with the play from our bigs.....soft is an understatement.
Absolutely, he had a terrible game tonight, but to make a deep run he will most definitely be needed down the stretch.

ROLL TIDE!!!!

I'm tired of it, needs to get fixed. This team can't score if he is giving it up every time. This was the worst guard play game we've had.

Reactions: HOUNDZTOOTH1
We lost our first game in the SEC tournament last year. Maybe you meant 2 years ago.

We lost our first game in the SEC tournament last year. Maybe you meant 2 years ago.
Yes, you are correct although he was also decent last year. My point is JQ should eventually come around, just a bad night on a big stage. I'm more concerned with how soft our bigs are than JQ turning the ball over at this point. 6-9 and up players should not be standing flat footed trying to secure rebounds.

Reactions: budog
For whatever reasons, JQ reverted back to his old habbits and it proved costly. I know winning or losing is a team effort, but his miscues stood out like a sore thumb. We bragged on Griffen the last couple of games and tonight he disappears. Go figure!

Look, there is no doubt that JQ had a bad game tonight, so did Sears, Bradley and a bunch of others. i cannot tell you how many second chances UCheat got because we dropped rebounds out of bounds. We did not offensive rebound. We continue to be able to throw the ball in on the baseline under our basket. We missed crucial free throws. We had two backwards foul calls against Miller that possibly cost us eight points. I don’t know what game the Refs were seeing out there, but we lost a mugging last night, in the game UCheat put up 15 more shots than Alabama And outscored us by 10 on second chance points.

Yes, J.Q had some stupid turnovers, but we had more problems than that.

Last edited:
Is a turnover machine! I don’t get it!!
UT's point guard is your typical NYC guard who is quick, can shoot a pull up and pass. Tough match up for anyone. When Q tried his trick dribbling the guy pressed him and got him out of his rhythm. Q will be fine until he meets the next NYC elite point guard. The way to handle them is to keep your body between them and the ball and overpower them which is what Bradley does naturally.

Last edited:
Our big guys are long and lean and can run the floor. However, in tight quarters, bulk and brawn usually wins out.

Unless someone was a bit banged up or tired I didn't get having JQ in for the last 5 minutes.

He had 6 turnovers and at least 3 of them were him going hero ball 1 on 3 in the paint. Those officials weren't going to bail out that wild drive. Bradley got in the paint but he found a way to get a legit shot up. JQ just blitzed in there out of control with nothing to do when he got there as no one was available to take a pass and he couldn't get a good shot off.

When JQ is on and slows his game down a bit he's good for us. That frenzied hero ball JQ gets us beat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT