ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting worries

Good post. This has changed college BB as we all knew it growing up. It is not like the past, where if you missed in recruiting you were totally shut out for a year. It is tough to get used to for me, and even tougher to count on, but it is the new way for a number of teams.
It’s great for any team that’s not a blue blood

Reactions: bet9 and pfaud001
It’s great for any team that’s not a blue blood
This. After the top 5-10 guys I feel like 11-150 really are interchangeable and production will hinge so much on coach, system, and development. The perceived greatness of last year's class now has people concerned about this year's "struggles." Most would not get too excited about signing the #107 recruit in the nation but that is exactly what Jaden Shackelford was and is a huge part of what Bama basketball has been over the past 2 years. Non bluebloods will have to sign the Shacks, Holts, and Garys, keep them happy for 1-2 years and fill in the gaps with guys like Gurley. Fortunately for Bama Oat's style of play will keep Bama on the radars of most kids well after signing day.

This. After the top 5-10 guys I feel like 11-150 really are interchangeable and production will hinge so much on coach, system, and development. The perceived greatness of last year's class now has people concerned about this year's "struggles." Most would not get too excited about signing the #107 recruit in the nation but that is exactly what Jaden Shackelford was and is a huge part of what Bama basketball has been over the past 2 years. Non bluebloods will have to sign the Shacks, Holts, and Garys, keep them happy for 1-2 years and fill in the gaps with guys like Gurley. Fortunately for Bama Oat's style of play will keep Bama on the radars of most kids well after signing day.
I totally agree. There are definitely a few difference makers in some classes, but a lot kids are pretty similar. I think if we have another big year, the recruits will come. I do think getting players like Gurley and Burnette(I am still pissed about this one) are just as good as getting a big time freshman.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT