ADVERTISEMENT

Scarborough inks with the Cowboys. Numbers inside

Everything is slotted ....only the 85K is guaranteed .. if he does not make the team he does not get the balance. He is in essence on a 4 year minimum salary contract maybe a little more. Most feel they are better off being undrafted so they can go to any team and they still get the minimum if they make the team ... the big advantage is an undrafted player can become a FA after 3 years ... drafted have to wait 4 years. If you 2 great years as an undrafted played you can sign a big deal ... the drafted player has to wait 3 years ...

If I had been advising Bo I would have suggested prior to last year he beg to move to TE. He has the size and hands imo to be a move TE in the league. Jmo he will struggle to make it as a RB. May have meant coming back for his Sr year ....but he could have been a 3rd pick imo. Been saying it since he got hurt.

Reactions: 1959
If I had been advising Bo I would have suggested prior to last year he beg to move to TE. He has the size and hands imo to be a move TE in the league. Jmo he will struggle to make it as a RB. May have meant coming back for his Sr year ....but he could have been a 3rd pick imo. Been saying it since he got hurt.
I think he will be as successful as Derrick Henry.
Bo actually is walking into a better running team and Dallas has some hosses.

Bo should be fresh and ready to go because he sure didn't exert himself too much last season. He pissed me off when he ran out of bounds instead of taking on a much smaller DB to get a much needed first down. I can't remember the game.

With Jason Witten retiring that door could open up for Bo at Dallas. Regardless I wish him the best of luck and a long successful career. RTR

Reactions: RollTide7277
Bo tip toed around all last season in fear of getting hurt for the NFL. He barely got drafted. Ready to see him give it his all in the NFL and what that looks like. When he plays hard (like the end of 2016) he's as good as they get. It's just hard to get that out of him consistently, going back to HS

Still needs to make the final roster to get paid--

If he stays healthy this preseason and shows some positive things he sticks around---

Good for Bo---Hope he does make it---

Each one of these guys going pro only helps our recruiting more and more---

Reactions: cola68
Bo has good speed to be as big as he is. I'm hoping he will show us his skill set. He has great hands and he should be able to run behind that Dallas offensive line. Really hoping he makes the team and will be successful.

Reactions: cola68
And you wanted Derrick Henry to play LB. blah blah

Reactions: RollTide7277
Upside for Bo: He has really good hands and rare speed for a guy his size.

Downside: He's been really fragile for a big man since HS.

Upside for Bo: He has really good hands and rare speed for a guy his size.

Downside: He's been really fragile for a big man since HS.
work ethic and team loyalty has been his problem since the 10th grade. i warned of this all thru his recruitment. that is the difference in bo and derrick.

i certainly wish him the best.

md

Appreciate the thought. BUT you aren't advising and I suggest let the Big Dog eat as far as his dream will take him. Will do his heart good when he is 60. Go Bo !!!

Reactions: Bama#15
I KNOW I was not advising him ... but imho he would have a better chance to have a successful NFL career as a move TE. That does not mean he cannot be a good RB.
If he tries and does not make it as a RB he may look back and say WHAT IF.
Of course it is HIS decision. A player like Tim Tebow elected to not switch positions .... and I get it ... but in 20 years will he look back and wonder could I have been a FB, TE, LBr etc.....

I KNOW I was not advising him ... but imho he would have a better chance to have a successful NFL career as a move TE. That does not mean he cannot be a good RB.
If he tries and does not make it as a RB he may look back and say WHAT IF.
Of course it is HIS decision. A player like Tim Tebow elected to not switch positions .... and I get it ... but in 20 years will he look back and wonder could I have been a FB, TE, LBr etc.....
Negative... I enjoy your posts but you have a tendency to over complicate things based on what YOU think is best. Whether it be short or long term. You have no idea what he is thinking and/or why. I suggest you Think, fully support his decision, and should he stumble, catch his fall.

Reactions: Bama#15
Bo's speed, strength and measurements are not in questions. He's a specimen! His durability is an uncertainty. Bo has not played a complete season without an injury for years. Hopefully the big fellow body will hold up. We are pulling for you Bo!

I love to see people question this young man's work ethic after he continuously returns from pretty substantial injuries faster than most do. Maybe Adrian Peterson is the only other I recall returning to game action after a major injury as fast/faster than Bo did. Lazy people don't do that. People also overlook the mental side of returning to a sport following injuries. it is much different than the average person trying to just return to their activities of daily living, or going back to work.

He will thrive in Dallas' system.

ADVERTISEMENT