ADVERTISEMENT

Season expectations

wtw82

All State
Gold Member
Aug 4, 2018
What are y’all’s realistic expectations/predictions for this season? A little different question, but with the returning talent plus the addition of transfers and incoming freshmen, what do you think will need to happen to consider this a successful season?

Personally, I think we will/should finish in the top four teams of the SEC and make it to the Sweet Sixteen. That’ll be enough for me to consider this season a success. By all the available measures, we’re in a great position to begin our ascent to the top and the first step takes place this year since last season ended so abruptly.

I won’t venture a guess on our record, but do believe we make the tournament.
The needs of last years teams have been addressed with quality players to provide depth, players that can play defense and rebound. Also will be improved offensively.
I am like lots of basketball fans that are sick about Alex Tchikous injury but I still think we will be much improved.

First time in a long time we are safely in before the SEC tournament starts.

5 seed.

Play on Sunday of the SEC tournament.

No prediction as to how far they go in the tournament as it is such a crap shoot.

First time in a long time we are safely in before the SEC tournament starts.

5 seed.

Play on Sunday of the SEC tournament.

No prediction as to how far they go in the tournament as it is such a crap shoot.
i`ll take a top 4 finish in the sec and a sweet 16 would be nice.

Reactions: xcop and wtw82
Basketball team’s chemistry can be a weird thing, but I love the potential of this team. Bruner, when healthy, is an experienced head near the rim level athlete at the 5 with legitimate 3pt range, so that is huge.

IMO there is still a big question about who is our late game playmaker/closer. Ideally it is someone with some size, so shooting over the top is an option in the event of a hard trap. Petty might be that guy, but only if he has made significant progress with his handles. Possibly Primo could be that kind of guy, but he is so young it may take a year or two to develop.

If Bama can find a closer then the sky is the limit.

Definitely need the guys to be locked in and working...don’t need to congratulate themselves before doing anything or they’ll end up like the 2000 football team under Dubose.

I think they’re top 4 of the SEC, at worst 6th if things don’t go our way.

Deepest roster I can remember Alabama having and with a very exciting style of play.

I predict around 23 wins and make it to the 2nd weekend of the NCAA
Ill definitely take that for year 2! If recruiting only continues to grow and they actually follow through with the plan to upgrade Coleman Collesium, we could be the Florida of the early 2000s with the football/basketball duo!

What are y’all’s realistic expectations/predictions for this season? A little different question, but with the returning talent plus the addition of transfers and incoming freshmen, what do you think will need to happen to consider this a successful season?

Personally, I think we will/should finish in the top four teams of the SEC and make it to the Sweet Sixteen. That’ll be enough for me to consider this season a success. By all the available measures, we’re in a great position to begin our ascent to the top and the first step takes place this year since last season ended so abruptly.
i also have high hopes/ my biggest concern is point guard. i know Q has looked good, but he was not great his freshman year and we have no true point guard to back him up if he gets in foul trouble or god forbid gets hurt

also a little concerned about a big man/ i am not as hig on bruner as everybody else. hope i am wrong--hate the other kid got hurt

Reactions: wtw82
i also have high hopes/ my biggest concern is point guard. i know Q has looked good, but he was not great his freshman year and we have no true point guard to back him up if he gets in foul trouble or god forbid gets hurt

also a little concerned about a big man/ i am not as hig on bruner as everybody else. hope i am wrong
milso, i think you are going to like quinerly and bruner.

Reactions: milso47

also a little concerned about a big man/ i am not as hig on bruner as everybody else. hope i am wrong
having said that

i love coach oats and the job he is doing
i like our roster
just expressing a thing or two that worry me a little

i think we will be good and fun to watch

Reactions: wtw82 and pfaud001
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT