ADVERTISEMENT

seen where jd davison

mr4bama

All American
Gold Member
Feb 13, 2017
was the fith player to win back to back mr. basketball in alabama, who are the other 4?

Ronald Steele and Trevor Lacey did it and I believe Watford did it recently.

ROLL TIDE!!!!

Reactions: jmillerbama
Maybe Hendrix or Petty? Great trivia here.

ROLL TIDE!!!!

i seen him in the high school allstar game and that is what i was told. that class had hurt, whatley, barkley, marvin ray johnson, and gerald crosby.
Also Ken Johnson who ended up at Mich State and led the Big Ten in rebounding his last year there. Best year ever in Alabama high school basketball.

where did johnson play?
i was talking to cecil about the basketball players in the state over the years. he said john drew was the best he had seen. i played with luther tiggs at russellville. who was that that come out late 70`s or early 80`s and went to louisville?

i was talking to cecil about the basketball players in the state over the years. he said john drew was the best he had seen. i played with luther tiggs at russellville. who was that that come out late 70`s or early 80`s and went to louisville?
he said drew didn`t have the grades for the sec so went to garner webb.

Reactions: bet9 and Codie B
Allen Murphy but he was from bham

i seen him in the high school allstar game and that is what i was told. that class had hurt, whatley, barkley, marvin ray johnson, and gerald crosby.
...that class also had Bruce Allen (Austin), Darryl Allen (Hartselle), Bobby Lee Hurt (Butler), Calvin Staten (Butler), someone from Lee High School, J.O. Johnson High School, Coffee High School and Bradshaw High School. Hell, there might have been someone from Russellville High as well.

Those were some intense as HS basketball games.

Last edited:
Seems like there was a guy from Barbour County in the early 70's that tore up the old ABA. His first name was Travis, can't remember his last name.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT