ADVERTISEMENT

SELECTION SUNDAY THREAD

Jordan Harper

Head Basketball Analyst
Staff
Dec 28, 2011
Florence, AL
Today, Alabama fans do not have to sweat out the selection show for the second consecutive year as Alabama will make the tournament comfortably in back to back years for the first time in 17 years.

Alabama finishes the season 19-13 and with a NET of 30 and SOS of #1 (by a wide margin). Playing that tough schedule and winning huge games really paid off in the end. The Tide finished 8-8 in Q1 games this season with wins over #1, 3, and 4. Very questionable losses, but nobody can argue the big time wins.

Right now Alabama is pretty consistently a 6 seed in most brackets. Pittsburgh is the likely destination, but Greenville is a possibility as well. The teams they’d likely face first round are: Iowa St, Rutgers, Wyoming, SMU, Michigan, Notre Dame, Loyola Chicago, or Creighton. Only team I do not want to see is Michigan out of that group. The other teams we matchup well with, but Michigan has so much talent in the front court it’d be very difficult.

Anyways, ENJOY SELECTION SUNDAY!

Last edited:
I watched them score 18 in an entire half last night. They don’t have a Doug McDermott
That's after they knocked off Providence. There isn't a matchup I am going to like so all i can do is hit the reset button in my mind and pull for a win. But yeah, anybody other than Creighton would be nice.

That's after they knocked off Providence. There isn't a matchup I am going to like so all i can do is hit the reset button in my mind and pull for a win. But yeah, anybody other than Creighton would be nice.
Anyone we play will be good. There really aren’t bad teams in the field outside of 14-16 seeds and there are even occasionally some strong teams in the 14 and even 15 range.

I did watch Arizona last night and they are our absolute nightmare matchup. Length wise they are bigger than auburn in the front court with maybe a better version of Kessler at the 5, and their guards are extremely long and talented. They have a 6’3”/6’4” starting PG but they went mainly with a lineup last night where the PG was 6’7” and the entire lineup was over 6’6”. Similar to when we would put Herb at point last year.. Zona can win it all

If Bama slips to a 7 seed, karma should have us matched with Duke as the 2 seed. Oats can be the one to end Coach K’s career after calling him out 2 years ago.

Reactions: frazor and tydzbk
Anyone we play will be good. There really aren’t bad teams in the field outside of 14-16 seeds and there are even occasionally some strong teams in the 14 and even 15 range.

I did watch Arizona last night and they are our absolute nightmare matchup. Length wise they are bigger than auburn in the front court with maybe a better version of Kessler at the 5, and their guards are extremely long and talented. They have a 6’3”/6’4” starting PG but they went mainly with a lineup last night where the PG was 6’7” and the entire lineup was over 6’6”. Similar to when we would put Herb at point last year.. Zona can win it all
I picked Arizona in my early final four prediction last month. They're terrific.

Great game on CBS. Davidson will try and walk it off here with the last possession.

Reactions: bet9
What a game. Richmond is in the big dance. Hope they didn’t just steal aTm’s bid.

Recency bias may come into play and the Aggies could be safe after being in the national spotlight for 4 days.

I think Wyoming’s bid just got flushed. Wish it would be Michigan missing out. If the regular season was 2 weeks longer , they would have 20 losses it seems.

Reactions: OatsMeal
I think Tennessee will make the final four. We are lucky we got the without some players.

I think Tennessee will make the final four. We are lucky we got the without some players.
They definitely good. Little too prone to going completely in the tank offensively. They randomly have games where they score in the 50s or worse.. all about what matchups are in your path. They are capable of winning it all

Reactions: bet9
Davidson has one quality win all year. They may still get in, but it’s not a slam dunk. Their schedule strength, or lack thereof, will hurt them.

Bama plays the winner of Rutgers/Notre Dame. Decent draw there imo. Texas tech in the round of 32, not so much….

ADVERTISEMENT