ADVERTISEMENT

Shack is…. BACK

Excited to have him back but I sure would like to know what’s been going on and how we even got to this point. To me, I think his ppg can only go up with both Q and JD driving and dishing. He should have a ton of open looks

So now that it’s official, what do you think the rotation is? @Harper41
@Harper41 has more insight than I do but I would guess something like...
First 5 - Remember Oats can alternate this based on matchups
1 - Quinerly
2- Shack
3- Ellis
4- Gary
5- Gurley
Off the bench (Main 8 in the rotation)
- Davidson (can play the point or off the ball)
- Burnett (Can play 2 or 3...much like Ellis)
- Tchikou - ( when he comes on i think that Gurley can also play the 4)
Wild Cards (These guys roles will vary based on how consistent they are...especially on defense)
- Darius Miles (can play 2, 3, or 4)
- Ambrose (Got better last year and if he can defend and rebound he will play)
- Bediako ( in competition with Ambrose...whoever is most consistent on D will play more)

Darius Miles is the guy for me that can push the team over the top. He is a 6'7" lefty that can be a Herb Jones type of player in the future if he keeps developing. He could come in and play the 4 and give other bigs fits while we have the ball...the key is can he defend the bigs and the point guards like Herb did. I know its not fair to put "Herb Like" expectations on him but if he can just be a similar type play I believe that this team could be SEC Champs again. Offense wise i believe that JQ and Shack will get their points but I think Ellis will end up being a great scorer. Burnett can stroke it and JD can go by anyone. Gurley will be a more athletic, better shooting version than Jordan Bruner and I hear that Juwan Gary had greatly improved his 3 point shot to go along his bulldog mentality! Hopefully Tchikou will be as good as advertised and will also stay healthy!

Last edited:
Starting 5 to me is
Q
Shack
Ellis
Gurley
Charles B

Small ball

Q
Shack
Burnett
Ellis
Gurley
Did you watch Bedioko with Team Canada? He's no where close to being a starter. Don't sleep on JD not starting, like I said the kid is a generational talent. Now we need to get him up to about 3 million in NIL to get him to stay a couple years....

Reactions: NovaTiger77
I am not on the board nearly as much as I once was so if this has been discussed then I apologize for repeating, but I think Bocat may have hit on something here. Is it possible that some of these kids could stay a year or two longer than they normally would have if they are bringing in a 6 or 7 figure income while enjoying being the BMOC and living the college life. I guess time will tell.

Roll Tide!!!!

I am not on the board nearly as much as I once was so if this has been discussed then I apologize for repeating, but I think Bocat may have hit on something here. Is it possible that some of these kids could stay a year or two longer than they normally would have if they are bringing in a 6 or 7 figure income while enjoying being the BMOC and living the college life. I guess time will tell.

Roll Tide!!!!
You make a good point. This may apply especially to those who may be clocking $$$ at the Capstone, but the chance of making it to the next level is less than slim. Unless you're on the Titanic, why jump ship?

Just my thoughts. I feel like we needed a rim protector and rebounder last year and that is what he is. I am sticking with it for now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT