ADVERTISEMENT

Softball postgame quotes from Murphy, Giles, and Beaver

Dean Harrell

All American
Gold Member
Jun 15, 2023
Giles: "It's definitely been a long year. Been a journey for sure. For me, I've put my faith in God through the whole process and that's really helped me come back as fast as possible and especially the training staff that have helped me."

Giles on Beaver: "To get to know Kayla is to get to know that she's a bulldog and she hates to lose. She's a fireball just like I am and we work really well together."

Beaver: "There's a lot I wanted to get done in a year and we've done it all, and we got one more left."

Beaver: "Just coming in, playing free, and not letting those emotions get to us is what it really comes down to. Just trusting in our abilities and trust what we've done this year."

Beaver on the growth of softball: "This sport has grown so much, and you know, they've dropped a few statistics on viewers per game and things like that and how much it's grown over the years."

Murphy: "For some reason we scored first in a lot of the postseason games and we haven't been doing that. Just luck of the draw."

Murphy: "We didn't strike out one time. So they made a bunch of plays, but we put the ball in play every single time which I think is a feat. So they made play after play, we put the ball in play."

Murphy: "You cannot understate the importance of a really good pitching coach. [McMahon] has to call every pitch which is agonizing in itself because that's a lot of pressure for anybody to do."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News