ADVERTISEMENT

Some Personal News

Jordan Harper

Head Basketball Analyst
Staff
Dec 28, 2011
Florence, AL
As some of you may have known, I was pursuing my masters degree at UNA in education the past few years and graduated a couple weeks ago.

Well I have accepted a teaching position at a high school and will be coaching basketball as well. I cannot say which high school as I am not board approved yet, but God is good and answers prayers. It’s not an easy decision to quit a management job to be unemployed while student teaching with a baby and family. However, God was in control and answered my prayers of finding a job where we do not have to move and I can do what I love which is teaching and coaching!

With that being said, I will still post news and inside info as I get it but I will be unable to do the postgame write ups I typically do as it’ll be during basketball season and I won’t get to watch many games live. I’ll still be around but likely not as involved as I have been in the past.

Do you live in North Alabama? I know some basketball jobs open in that area under a really good head coach. Hoping you took one of those...

As some of you may have known, I was pursuing my masters degree at UNA in education the past few years and graduated a couple weeks ago.

Well I have accepted a teaching position at a high school and will be coaching basketball as well. I cannot say which high school as I am not board approved yet, but God is good and answers prayers. It’s not an easy decision to quit a management job to be unemployed while student teaching with a baby and family. However, God was in control and answered my prayers of finding a job where we do not have to move and I can do what I love which is teaching and coaching!

With that being said, I will still post news and inside info as I get it but I will be unable to do the postgame write ups I typically do as it’ll be during basketball season and I won’t get to watch many games live. I’ll still be around but likely not as involved as I have been in the past.
Harper, you will be missed but I am really glad you are getting to do something you love without moving and pulling up roots. Good luck in your new endeavors and please let us know which school you got when you can.
Roll Tide my man.

Congrats! As a teacher and former Coach I can say it's a rewarding job. I stopped coaching once my daughter was born to have more time with her while she grows up. Coaching and teaching can really eat family time. If you can find balance that can be great!

Reactions: Jordan Harper
Harper a few suggestions.

1. Don't ever ask the ref if he saw a foul. He probably has cataracts and really did not see the foul.

2. Ask your guy at the scorers table who the foul was on, because the Ref is just guessing.

3. You are a teacher, so don't expect the players to be professionals.

4. Take your loudest, most obnoxious parent and have him keep the book. You cannot yell when you are at the scorers table.

5. If you need advice, contact Bamadgle. He only coached for fifty years and won a few championships. Bobby Simpson knows a little about the game.

6. There is always another day. I remember coach bamadgle telling me he would never have a point as good as my daughter. I responded, "wait a year and you will have one better." He won four straight titles. Two with my daughter and two without.

7. Stay in High School, as it is a pure game. Coach Bryant said to a young man that wanted to become a Grad Assistant, "Do you really want to bet your livelihood and the livelihood of your family on whether or not some 19 year old had a fight with his girlfriend the night before a game."

Good Luck and may your most obnoxious parent be a better parent than I.

I can now announce that I have been hired at Clements High School to teach and coach. Go Colts!
The frigging COLTS ... your have to be kidding ... heck next time when you move up it will be the darn Titans.
Come on man the COLTS .... please tell me they do not wear Blue and White.

Go JAGUARS

• Haha
Great little town, got some great friends in Athens. Congrats again Jordan, hoping for lots of success for Clements Basketball

Congrats Harper!!

I feel confident you are among the new wave of teachers that will lead this next generation forward through proper education. Students are our future and deserve to be challenged and learn how to excel. Stand up, along with the existing teachers who have worked so hard for this, and let's change education back to a mentality of 'students first'.
Good luck to you.
RTR

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT