ADVERTISEMENT

Speaking of Free Throws

rsaxoniii

All American
Gold Member
Jan 28, 2007
Mount Olive
I've thought my whole life that the team that gets fouled should have the option to decline and take the ball. (They'd still have to inbound)

I know you'd miss all that fun foul at the end of the game stuff but what part does all that have really have in a basketball game...

Imagine this rule in football...Bama stops the other team and gets the ball back with 2:00 minutes to go and the defense holds Leatherwood and he has to pass it 15 yards into a hole.

Just random thoughts...tell why it's dumb.

Reactions: xcop
tumblr_n7ytve1QS41tfa8pto1_400.gif

Reactions: NovaTiger77
Nah just make them play 1-1. the player fouled and the player that committed the foul. lol.. Kinda like a shootout in hockey. 2 for a make nothing for a miss.

Reactions: tydzbk and EugDan
I've thought my whole life that the team that gets fouled should have the option to decline and take the ball. (They'd still have to inbound)

I know you'd miss all that fun foul at the end of the game stuff but what part does all that have really have in a basketball game...

Imagine this rule in football...Bama stops the other team and gets the ball back with 2:00 minutes to go and the defense holds Leatherwood and he has to pass it 15 yards into a hole.

How drunk are you right now?

Reactions: NovaTiger77

Absolutely. Unfortunately we still would have sent herb to the line for his showing, but the ridiculous fouling that has become ritual should really not be going on. We did way too much of that after getting thrashed in OT last week.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT