ADVERTISEMENT

The 3-pointer: Takeaways from Alabama basketball’s charity exhibition

Still wondering how we shoot 3-23 from three with new guys who are 40 percent shooters.

Still wondering how we shoot 3-23 from three with new guys who are 40 percent shooters.
I remember when Oats first got to Bama and guys like Petty, Jones, Reese, etc. were trying to figure things out. They would absolutely gas themselves because they hadn't figured it out yet. Hopefully this low percentage is a product of a similar issue.

Thanks Tony for the great report.

Having played in Foster, I can tell,you that it is not the easiest place in the world,to shoot a basketball, as you do not have normal sight lines, facing the basket and the background from the corners is not the greatest. That being said the sight lines are exactly the same from the corners as Vandy’s Memorial Gym. That being said, it is hard to justify 12%.

Having played in Foster, I can tell,you that it is not the easiest place in the world,to shoot a basketball, as you do not have normal sight lines, facing the basket and the background from the corners is not the greatest. That being said the sight lines are exactly the same from the corners as Vandy’s Memorial Gym. That being said, it is hard to justify 12%.
Good point

Reactions: lainey2020

my father played there in the high school basketball tournament in 1957. he said all of his shots was falling short.

Reactions: lainey2020
my father played there in the high school basketball tournament in 1957. he said all of his shots was falling short.

It's crazy how much stuff like that could impact your shot. During high school team camps at UA, I never shot it well in Coleman. Wasn't used to shooting in such an open-air environment.

We would also play at Scottsboro, and at the time, their ceiling in the gym was black. It really messed with my shot as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT