ADVERTISEMENT

The 3-pointer: Three takeaways as Alabama survives trip to Auburn

I think Rylan was the mvp only because Sears had a really weird late in the game Turnover where he dribble vomited the ball into an AU player unforced ..

If AU converts, it’s super costly.

But Rylan is my MVP with Sears a close second.

I have to give Bediako some props too.

He played hard, made some good drives and passes and defended his tail off.

RG has come on strong and is really making a difference. A great time of the year to move up
He's my MVP. I thought he had more than 15 points. Bradley has to improve his FT shooting since he drives and gets fouled so much. We left a lot of points on the table with missed FTs. It wasn't our best shooting night, but they found a way to win in a hostile environment and that's good enough!
RTR!!!!

Reactions: lainey2020 and xcop
I’ve liked Rylan for awhile but I didn’t realize he was going to become this during this season. I thought he’d be this guy next year but even better that it’s now! He’s helped us a ton the last couple weeks.

Reactions: Sglidewe
I think Rylan was the mvp only because Sears had a really weird late in the game Turnover where he dribble vomited the ball into an AU player unforced ..

If AU converts, it’s super costly.

But Rylan is my MVP with Sears a close second.

I have to give Bediako some props too.

He played hard, made some good drives and passes and defended his tail off.
I agree and actually made a switch in my take after I had a few minutes to think. It was some tense typing late haha

Great to get this W!

But I can't get my head around how we pulled out the win today. We played a bad game overall for like 35 minutes of the game. Miller only had a few layups and free throws and one stupid lucky play where he loses the ball on a dunk attempt but the trajectory took the ball in anyway. He was 0-7 from 3 point. JQ got benched as quick as Oats has ever benched someone. We stunk it up at the free throw line. We got out rebounded. We had some really bad turnovers like we were prone to have in Nov/Dec. And frankly they out hustled us for 35 minutes of the game.

But we won.

IMO depth won this one. Griffen's play was huge but so was Sears. Sears was a grown man out there and wasn't going to back down. But the key was I thought the barn looked tired in those last 5 minutes. They stopped being half a step ahead of us in every situation. Some of their shots were off. I think with the energy being pegged at 10 for the whole 40 minutes we just wore them down and pulled away with fresher legs.

By the numbers this should have been about a 15 point loss. But otoh if the barn doesn't get to the free throw line so much in the first half then we're up a dozen at the break and pull away late in the second half.

Great win!

We're one A&M loss away from having essentially locked up the regular season title.

Reactions: cola68
I agree and actually made a switch in my take after I had a few minutes to think. It was some tense typing late haha
Tsquared—- it is so much easier to do that after a win and bama gave you two good choices as well.

And I think a case could be made for Jayden as an mvp too…the guy made some incredible baskets.

But free throws set him back a bit

Reactions: lainey2020
Great to get this W!

But I can't get my head around how we pulled out the win today. We played a bad game overall for like 35 minutes of the game. Miller only had a few layups and free throws and one stupid lucky play where he loses the ball on a dunk attempt but the trajectory took the ball in anyway. He was 0-7 from 3 point. JQ got benched as quick as Oats has ever benched someone. We stunk it up at the free throw line. We got out rebounded. We had some really bad turnovers like we were prone to have in Nov/Dec. And frankly they out hustled us for 35 minutes of the game.

But we won.

IMO depth won this one. Griffen's play was huge but so was Sears. Sears was a grown man out there and wasn't going to back down. But the key was I thought the barn looked tired in those last 5 minutes. They stopped being half a step ahead of us in every situation. Some of their shots were off. I think with the energy being pegged at 10 for the whole 40 minutes we just wore them down and pulled away with fresher legs.

By the numbers this should have been about a 15 point loss. But otoh if the barn doesn't get to the free throw line so much in the first half then we're up a dozen at the break and pull away late in the second half.

Great win!

We're one A&M loss away from having essentially locked up the regular season title.
You say bama played bad .. I say they were not at the top of their game( 3 point shooting, FT’s,turnovers) but Auburn had something to do with that (not FT’s).

I am extremely proud that this young team punched back and won in places that I don’t associate with this team.

So I put this up there with one of their best wins of the year …

this was a gut check/ cup check/ heart check and bama was Tyson today in the ring who took some massive blows to the body and head

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT