ADVERTISEMENT

The Committee imo has continued to do

BAMAPG

All American
Jan 11, 2004
an excellent job. I felt last year they would be much better than the polls. I felt then and do now that 16 members will take the time to watch film, compare who beat who and who they beat much more so than writers who vote but don't worry much about their vote being scrutinized. The members of this committee know theur decision will be aired in National TV and questions will be asked.

Today I think it was VERY interest how low they had Baylor and TCU .... BUT if you take a minute and look at who they have played and beat it is VERY easy to understand their ranking. I cannot stand ND but they have one loss .... a VERY close loss to their # 1 team on the road. They have a win over Ga Tech ... which is not good but some of you think it should be where they are ranked when you play them and they were # 14. They also have wins over Temple, Texas (bad but UT has a win of OU) USC who has good wins etc....

Look at UF they have one close loss to # 2 LSU but they only one quality win ( OM) since everyone in the East has been at best average. They can only move up if people ahead of them lose or FSU can win until they play and they beat FSU and win the SECCG.

In the end I think the committee would do a MUCH better job defending their rankings than the writers or coaches could theirs. Love the committee ...

Reactions: tystyd and BamaTank
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News