5) Michigan
6) Wisky
7) Penn St.
8) Washington
9) Oklahoma
10) West Virginia

SIDE NOTES : Alabama / I have been saying for awhile now, that if Hurts can
show a little more consistency in the passing game, Alabama would be extremely
tough to beat. This past Saturday, it look like Hurts took steps to do just that. Hurts set
an ALL-TIME Alabama record for passing over 300 yds while running for 100 yds. I
still want to see improvement from him week to week but this Alabama team is play-
ing lights out right now.

Ohio St. / OSU lost 15 starters from last years team, so it took a little while for this
team to come together and have chemistry. The last few weeks, OSU has seemingly
done this and is playing a lot closer to their potential and talent. One of the big changes
i have noticed, is the fact OSU is getting the ball to Curtis Samuel, their all purpose threat
a lot more. Much like Michigan does with Peppers, they get the ball to him in a variety of
different ways such as WR, RB, and even QB some. With Samuel, along with their ath-
letic TE Marcus Baush and their duel threat QB J.T Barrett, this makes this offense
extremely hard to stop. The defense is playing great as usual and with the offense fin-
ally waking up, this becomes a complete team.

Louisville / This team has a truly dynamic offense that could give any defense fits and
they have the best QB and Heisman front runner, Lamar Jackson playing for them. As
i have stated many times, their title hopes comes down to just how well their defense will
play down the stretch. The defense is fairly good, but how good?

Clemson / Much like Louisville, Clemson has a really great offense that can put a lot of
points on the board against anyone, but sloppy play and turnovers have made this team
very vunerable. It looked like Clemson was turning the corner after narrowly beating NC
St., but this last Saturday proved they still have some issues with turnovers and sloppy
play. The defense, IMO, also took a step back, so if this team wants to truly contend for a
title, they must clean these things up.

Michigan / Didn't see a loss against Iowa coming, but Iowa has a history of playing
very well at home, especially defensively, and they have always shown they have the
potential to pull the upset. They did just that Saturday night. I still maintain, that Mich-
igan is still a good team, but i have always felt their QB Speith wasn't a huge threat to
win games for them if their running game were to be slowed down. Iowa proved this
theory Sat. night The defense for Michigan is still pretty stout, but a season ending injury
to Speith, puts their championship hopes in serious jeopardy.

Penn St / I keep saying it every week, but this is the most underrated team in my
top ten. They weren't playing that well early in the season, but they have improved
a lot since they were blown out from Michigan in the 3rd game of the year. In fact,
PSU beat Ohio St and the same Iowa team that just beat Michigan, so this team is
for real. Not great necessarily, but very good none the less. If Penn St wins out & beats Wisconsin in the BIG 10 title game, which looks very probable, then PSU would be
BIG 10 champs and they would have beaten, two top 7 teams in just a few weeks.

Wisky / This team is known for their strong defense over the years, but Wisconsin
looks like they are starting to gel on offense as well this year, this will make them a
tough out for anyone heading toward the end of the season. It's very probable that
Wisconsin will play PSU in the BIG 10 title game & they have already beaten them
once, but can they do it again? Time will tell.

Washington / Everyone knew this team was a very good one, but a lot of those same
people wondered just how good they were by playing a weak PAC-12 schedule. They
lost to a very hot USC team Saturday night so the critics are having their doubts even
more now, but this is still a very solid football team, i just felt they got away from their I-
denity a little bit and played into the hands of team that has a few more skilled players
than they have. They can still win the PAC-12, but they will have to beat a hot Washing-
ton St team in the last game of the season to get that chance.

Oklahoma / This is a very good team offensively and they are led by a very dangerous
QB, to go up against, in Baker Mayfield, but the defense has picked it up a little more here
lately, but is it enough to win against better teams outside the BIG-12? They will face a
very explosive West Virginia offense Saturday, so this will show just how far they have
come. West Virginia has just about always had a explosive offense but all of a sudden,
they are playing pretty good defense as well, so much like Oklahoma, we will soon find
out just how much they have improved.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.