ADVERTISEMENT

This Arkansas Game Scares the Crap Out of Me

lainey2020

All American
Gold Member
May 15, 2022
l know they have had injuries and have lost 2 conference games. They are still a very good team and very well coached. They are a wounded animal right now and you can bet your a$$ they will be ready to play. All SEC road games are dangerous, but this is an especially tough place to play. We better forget about Kentucky quick and get Arkansas on our mind.

l have no idea what the line is on the game, but Pop says Bama will not be favored by much. 1 or 2 points probably.

ROLL TIDE

Playing in Bud Walton we'll probably get called for something like 30+ fouls and Ark will be able to beat us on the free throw line if they just make 75% of their attempts. We'll have to get hot and stay hot from outside and our bigs have to avoid early foul trouble. If Bediako, Clowney, and Gurly get in foul trouble early then this will be a very rough game for us. I do feel better with them missing two key players. Even so, this and the trip to K'ville were two road trips assumed to be an L coming into the season.

Rupp is the only gym in the league worse to play in for the visiting team getting the wrong end of every 50/50 call and judgement call.

Agreed. The team had better put KY in the rear view mirror. With our lofty ranking and recent success, every game will be a dog fight. The upside is they have already played a high-quality opponent on the road in front of a hostile crowd (Houston).

Playing in Bud Walton we'll probably get called for something like 30+ fouls and Ark will be able to beat us on the free throw line if they just make 75% of their attempts.
As I read the OP, I kid you not, this was the exact thing that I was thinking of. Perfect game for Doug Shows to be the ref and turn it into an absolute $#!t show where somebody (likely Arkansas) has 51 free throw attempts.

My concerns against Arkansas are two fold:
  1. Obviously, playing on the road against anyone in the SEC is tough
  2. I thought the Hogs played poorly against the Barn this past Saturday and I feel like whenever good teams do this they tend to rebound (pun intended) with a much better game when they return home.

It's very tough to go to places like Arky and Missouri and come out with a W. We'll win plenty more games anyway and it won't hurt our NCAA chances much, if at all. As much as anyone I would love to see us run the table, but it won't happen.

Reactions: lainey2020
My concerns against Arkansas are two fold:
  1. Obviously, playing on the road against anyone in the SEC is tough
  2. I thought the Hogs played poorly against the Barn this past Saturday and I feel like whenever good teams do this they tend to rebound (pun intended) with a much better game when they return home.
No doubt Arkansas will be looking to rebound at home. This is another great opportunity for the guys to change the narrative. They passed the test at Houston now go do it at one of the top conference venues. Lack of energy or a complete hosing by the refs is the only way Bama loses this game. If Arkansas was healthy I'd give them the nod but Bama is the better team. We'll see.

Arkie looked like hot garbage against the barn. I know it will be different at home for them but I like our chances...

Reactions: bet9 and lainey2020
As I read the OP, I kid you not, this was the exact thing that I was thinking of. Perfect game for Doug Shows to be the ref and turn it into an absolute $#!t show where somebody (likely Arkansas) has 51 free throw attempts.
They will most likely have double our attempts and in addition that will mean we are foul trouble. I hate to play in that arena no matter the Arky team.

Reactions: bet9 and lainey2020
l'm not saying referees go into a game thinking they want one team or the other to win. lt is human nature, however for people to rather be cheered than booed. For some reason Bud Walton is probably the worst place in the SEC to play as far as getting close calls from the refs. Well maybe Rupp is close.

jurassic-park-i-really-hate-that-man.gif

Worst ref in basketball

Be interesting to see how we handle the crowd and if we can take them out of the game early. We handled the Houston fans pretty well. Will be a good test for us.
The Houston crowd was loud, but their arena is very small. Capacity there is 7,100, while Bud Walton arena is nearly triple that at over 19,000. It will be an entirely different environment tonight. Hope our guys are up to the challenge, because that’s exactly what we’re gonna get.

We need to bring our defensive intensity with us and keep the turnovers to a minimum.
Our post and wing players should have the upper hand. I really think that will be the difference in the game.

Basketball is a long season. No one in their right mind believes we can go through a season undefeated in Conference play. I'm not worried about this game at all and I bet that I will not miss one shot tonight. To quote Milso, not a drop of Jim Beam will touch the floor.

Arkansas is an excellent team and not many visiting teams go into Bud Walton and come out a winner. We will lose this season, somewhere and we have nine tough road games left this regular season. Sooner or later we will play like a very young team. Tonight we will find out the metal of our team.

For now, I hope we learn how to throw the ball in bounds.

l know they have had injuries and have lost 2 conference games. They are still a very good team and very well coached. They are a wounded animal right now and you can bet your a$$ they will be ready to play. All SEC road games are dangerous, but this is an especially tough place to play. We better forget about Kentucky quick and get Arkansas on our mind.

l have no idea what the line is on the game, but Pop says Bama will not be favored by much. 1 or 2 points probably.

ROLL TIDE
Your teddy bear is relieved. He won’t have to sleep with you tonight.

ROLL TIDE
Hope your better now that Bama got away with a big W in Fayetteville
I know Milso is fired up. 😎

Last edited:
Basketball is a long season. No one in their right mind believes we can go through a season undefeated in Conference play. I'm not worried about this game at all and I bet that I will not miss one shot tonight. To quote Milso, not a drop of Jim Beam will touch the floor.

Arkansas is an excellent team and not many visiting teams go into Bud Walton and come out a winner. We will lose this season, somewhere and we have nine tough road games left this regular season. Sooner or later we will play like a very young team. Tonight we will find out the metal of our team.

For now, I hope we learn how to throw the ball in bounds.
It turns out that the fellas comported themselves pretty well by exiting stage left with a 15 point win. In fact, if they can play with that same composure, they will do well at the barn too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT