ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on Alabama’s blowout win over Liberty

Jordan Harper

Head Basketball Analyst
Staff
Dec 28, 2011
Florence, AL
Alabama destroyed Liberty, who was picked to win the ASUN this year 95-59.

Brandon Miller is a future pro and you can just see it when he plays. So under control and always makes the right play. He showed his outside shooting ability as well draining 4 threes on his way to 20 points.

Mark Sears was phenomenal tonight and he was a scoring machine. He affects the game in so many ways as he scored 22 points with 8 boards and 4 assists. It’s incredible to have this depth in the backcourt with Sears starting at PG and having a 5 star in Jaden Bradley who has been so impressive back him up. Imagine when JQ is back….

The length and defensive tenacity on this team is elite. ELITE. Length at every position and they affect the passing lanes, as well protecting the rim. Liberty is a great offensive team with an excellent system that Alabama made look poor.

You didn’t think Alabama was going to shoot 3/28 from deep every game did you?? This is a good shooting team like I’ve mentioned and they seemed to have found themselves offensively tonight. Great cuts, no standing around, and players were moving to get open constantly. That leads to more open shots. I mentioned before 10/28 from 3 with this team is what I predict and they went 10/22 tonight. That’ll win them a lot of games. When you shoot the 3 that well and dominate the board like they have been, you’ll win a lot of games.

Alabama travels to play at South Alabama on Tuesday night at 9 o’clock.

on the way back to Hoover. This team is going to be every opponents nightmare. They are serious about playing defense and when shots start falling they are going to be a really tough out.
Surprisingly easy in the 2nd half it was all Bama. They could not beat our defense, and it really didn't break down much.
Solid win for this team

Alabama destroyed Liberty, who was picked to win the ASUN this year 95-59.

Brandon Miller is a future pro and you can just see it when he plays. So under control and always makes the right play. He showed his outside shooting ability as well draining 4 threes on his way to 20 points.

Mark Sears was phenomenal tonight and he was a scoring machine. He affects the game in so many ways as he scored 22 points with 8 boards and 4 assists. It’s incredible to have this depth in the backcourt with Sears starting at PG and having a 5 star in Jaden Bradley who has been so impressive back him up. Imagine when JQ is back….

The length and defensive tenacity on this team is elite. ELITE. Length at every position and they affect the passing lanes, as well protecting the rim. Liberty is a great offensive team with an excellent system that Alabama made look poor.

You didn’t think Alabama was going to shoot 3/28 from deep every game did you?? This is a good shooting team like I’ve mentioned and they seemed to have found themselves offensively tonight. Great cuts, no standing around, and players were moving to get open constantly. That leads to more open shots. I mentioned before 10/28 from 3 with this team is what I predict and they went 10/22 tonight. That’ll win them a lot of games. When you shoot the 3 that well and dominate the board like they have been, you’ll win a lot of games.

Alabama travels to play at South Alabama on Tuesday night at 9 o’clock.
I am sorry if I missed it, but do we have any idea how long Welch is supposed to be out?

ADVERTISEMENT