ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on Alabama Destroying LSU 106-66

Jordan Harper

Head Basketball Analyst
Staff
Dec 28, 2011
Florence, AL
It’s the first game that I have been to this year and was fortunate enough to take my wife and 2 kids. What a game to go to!

Alabama started out scorching hot from 3 and started the game up 21-8 behind 3 Brandon Miller 3 pointers. That was the receipt for success today as LSU did not respect Alabama’s outside shot and just backed off and went under every screen. Alabama attempted 54 threes and made 20 of them. It’s not that they settled, it’s that LSU gave them wide open looks.

Brandon Miller scored 30 points and went 7/11 from 3. He was absolutely brilliant tonight and showed why he is probably SEC Player of the Year. It was a bold strategy by LSU to go under every screen for him and to help off on drives. What a player.

It was a total team effort by Alabama and they played incredible team defense. They outrebounded LSU 48-33 and had 19 offensive rebounds. They were crashing the glass hard and making it tough for LSU to score inside. Alabama dominated the paint, only turned it over 8 times, and had 19 points off 11 forced turnovers. What an incredible all around win. Alabama is the best team in the country right now.

It’s the first game that I have been to this year and was fortunate enough to take my wife and 2 kids. What a game to go to!

Alabama started out scorching hot from 3 and started the game up 21-8 behind 3 Brandon Miller 3 pointers. That was the receipt for success today as LSU did not respect Alabama’s outside shot and just backed off and went under every screen. Alabama attempted 54 threes and made 20 of them. It’s not that they settled, it’s that LSU gave them wide open looks.

Brandon Miller scored 30 points and went 7/11 from 3. He was absolutely brilliant tonight and showed why he is probably SEC Player of the Year. It was a bold strategy by LSU to go under every screen for him and to help off on drives. What a player.

It was a total team effort by Alabama and they played incredible team defense. They outrebounded LSU 48-33 and had 19 offensive rebounds. They were crashing the glass hard and making it tough for LSU to score inside. Alabama dominated the paint, only turned it over 8 times, and had 19 points off 11 forced turnovers. What an incredible all around win. Alabama is the best team in the country right now.
It was really a strange game plan for LSU. Not sure any team will try that again.

That last line is a big statement.

Bama was definitely cooking with gas today. I especially liked when Oats called TO and chewed them out in the 2nd half because they weren't focused. They broke the century mark and beat a good LSU team by 40. Miller definitely lived up to the hype! He could have scored 60 if he had kept shooting. Great team win!
RTR!!!!!

At halftime ESPN’s Seth Greenberg said Bama was the best team in the country right now—- praised all the phases of Bama’s game

I mentioned LSU’s defensive game plan in the game thread. “Bold strategy, Cotton!”

Great game to take the family to…

I haven’t watched all the tide basketball games at Coleman but I’d wager that was up there as 1 of if not the best performances seen there

The only better performance I have seen against a good opponent was when Bama beat the bejesus out of LSU on the road in 2020. I think Bama made every 3 in the first 6 minutes. It was around 30 - 4 in that same time frame.

Reactions: lainey2020
All the up and back court action, all the scoring, and we still held LSU to 64. The D will be the difference when it matters, and I like this team’s D.

yes, but right now it's true. let's hope it's true in a couple of months.
We need to get Burnett ready and healthy for the last month and 1/2 of the season(which includes the SEC tournament). I hope he will be ready by the end of this month, or at least by no later than the end of the first week of February. We are playing as well as anyone, and I am very excited.

We need to get Burnett ready and healthy for the last month and 1/2 of the season(which includes the SEC tournament). I hope he will be ready by the end of this month, or at least by no later than the end of the first week of February. We are playing as well as anyone, and I am very excited.
Q is starting to heat up and Welch is coming around. Getting Burnett back will be a bonus.

Q is starting to heat up and Welch is coming around. Getting Burnett back will be a bonus.
I can tell by your posts, that you have watched A LOT of college BB in your time, and you know as well as I, that with as crazy as the NCAA tournament is, that we need every “advantage/bonus” that we can get to have our best chance to make a real run at a NC. This is, imop, our best chance to truly do that since ‘87. Having Burnett’s defense and potential additional shooting is something we will need to help accomplish that goal.

Bama was definitely cooking with gas today. I especially liked when Oats called TO and chewed them out in the 2nd half because they weren't focused. They broke the century mark and beat a good LSU team by 40. Miller definitely lived up to the hype! He could have scored 60 if he had kept shooting. Great team win!
RTR!!!!!
Remember, cooking with gas is bad for you...Ha Ha

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT