ADVERTISEMENT

Tournament Outlook 2/27

Jordan Harper

Head Basketball Analyst
Staff
Dec 28, 2011
Florence, AL
Alabama moves up 1 spot to 22 in the updated NET rankings. They have hovered around this spot for the past two weeks. They face #66 Texas A&M this Wednesday and #16 LSU on the road.

Two wins this week would vault Alabama into the top 20 in the NET and in the 4 seed tier.

Alabama’s record broke down by Quadrants:

Q1: 8-7
Q2: 5-1
Q3: 6-2
Q4: 0-0

Vanderbilt moved to a Q1 win today which gave them their 8th win. The only game that could turn Q1 is if Miami (60) moves up 10 spots.

The NET SOS is still 1 and non conf SOS is 7. Incredibly solid.

Right now I’d have them finishing 20-11 going into the SEC Tournament as likely the 5 seed. If they can win a couple games in the SECT then they’d be in the 4 seed line. If they only win 1 I’d say they’re a firm 5 seed.

The current Lunardi bracket, which will definitely change, has us with a great setup to make a run. Would be looking at north Texas and providence in the first weekend, then Kansas most likely in the sweet 16 and we could win that. Kansas is really good but you’re going to play good teams

Only difference between 4 and 5 is a tougher first round game… the 6 seed is in the bottom of the bracket and doesn’t have to face the 1 until elite 8 but no difference between 4 and 5
No difference but I’d rather be the 5 personally. Definitely don’t want the 6 though. Those 3’s are tough and the 4s are very beatable

The current Lunardi bracket, which will definitely change, has us with a great setup to make a run. Would be looking at north Texas and providence in the first weekend, then Kansas most likely in the sweet 16 and we could win that. Kansas is really good but you’re going to play good teams
Lunardi never gets the match ups correct.

They like to play a slow it down type of pace which could give us some fits, but we match up really well
In games like this senior guard leadership should pay huge dividends. Would be easy for a freshman such as JD to get bogged down. Hopefully JQ and Shack remember what TxA&M did to them two years ago.

Reactions: biggoop
Would love to finish with 20/21 wins. It's been quite some time since we've been the the dance two years in a row 2005/06 was the last time. Don't want winning the SEC last year tarnish what the team did this year. Obvious chemistry and buy in issues on defense but still looking like a 5 seed. With Grant and Avery we would have killed to be a 5 seed. We will be a team nobody wants to play - could lose to Davidson or beat Gonzaga, just one of those years. Wednesday may be an ugly one, just gotta find a way to get win 20 and then take our chances in Baton Rouge. The road hasn't been our friend.

Reactions: adsmith4
I think Texas A&M is kind of like Carolina was. They don't want to run with us. We learned how important tempo is during our lull in the early second half Saturday so hopefully we're ahead of the game on that for Wednesday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT