ADVERTISEMENT

Tsoukalas: A little about me

Tony_Tsoukalas

All American
Staff
Feb 5, 2014
Seeing that I'm also new, I'm going to follow Hendo's lead and tell y'all a little about myself.

I'm from just north of Houston, Texas, a city called The Woodlands. It's the same city that former Alabama offensive lineman Chad Lindsay came from, but don't worry, I'm here to stay.

I graduated from Alabama in 2012 with a bachelor's degree in journalism. I was the sports editor of the Crimson White during my senior year and got to cover the Alabama football team during its 2011 national title (pretty cool gig while in college).

I worked for a small paper in Mississippi right out of college and have bounced around the last few years, working with The Tuscaloosa News, Victoria Advocate (a paper in South Texas) and most recently as the Alabama beat reporter for The Anniston Star. For those of you who follow the basketball team, I'm the guy who asked CAJ if the team would be overconfident heading into its first game against Missouri (That staredown was pretty intense!).

Despite bouncing around a lot, I've finally found a place I'm certain I will call home for a very long time. I love Tuscaloosa as if I was born here. I honestly wouldn't want to live anywhere else. The opportunity to write for y'all and work at a website like BamaInsider is extremely exciting as well. We aren't kidding when we say we are 100 percent devoted to making this site the best Alabama site possible for y'all. You can hold us to that!

Some things about me:

— My last name is pronounced "Sue call us" (It's Greek)
— My dad is from Boston, so I root for all the Massachusetts teams. (That's the extent of my northernness though)
— I have a girlfriend (Kimberly) and a dog (Rooney)
— I'm really into soccer, but I promise to never post about it here. (I remember the World Cup fiasco)
— I love food and like to try all the good places around Tuscaloosa. I won't make a list, but if it's new or good I've probably been.

I look forward to meeting all of y'all. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News