ADVERTISEMENT

We dodged a bullet

Wow, his career is done now. He was assumed to be waiting to be the next blue blood coach at a Duke/UNC/UK etc. Now he'll be lucky to get a JuCo gig. Most of those allegations sound more like soft kids not wanting to be coached hard and got their feelings bruised but the punching and choking should have gotten him fired years ago. Can't cross those lines and you haven't been able to since the 70s.

Looks like this stuff started or at least got much worse when we were pursuing him in 2015. Huge bullet dodged. At Wichita this will get about 5 min of play, he'll be fired, and he'll be forgotten. In T-Town it would have resonated for a decade or more and made the news all over the western world. It basically could have been a program killing hire.

Thank goodness we didn’t land this dude as men’s basketball coach

Thank goodness, indeed!
He is a complete asshole. Always has been.
Really good oncourt coach.... except for his out-of-control temper!
I did NOT want him at Bama, and very happy it turned out he was only playing us.

Thank goodness we didn’t land this dude as men’s basketball coach

cd7.gif

Athletes today are great ... but they could not have played in the 50's and 60's .... they would have gone home crying to momma after 15 minutes with many of the coaches of that era ....

We can argue whether it is better now .... but Greg Marshall has nothing on the coaches from 50 years ago.
The old saying about the Junction Boys is they went out in 2 busses and came back in one .... today they would go out in 4 busses and come back on a bike for 2. (G)

jmo if you have a problem come out when it happens or at least within a week .... waiting 5 years says someone is wanting a check .... and has been told no. jmo .. Don't like Marshall ....

Athletes today are great ... but they could not have played in the 50's and 60's .... they would have gone home crying to momma after 15 minutes with many of the coaches of that era ....

We can argue whether it is better now .... but Greg Marshall has nothing on the coaches from 50 years ago.
The old saying about the Junction Boys is they went out in 2 busses and came back in one .... today they would go out in 4 busses and come back on a bike for 2. (G)

jmo if you have a problem come out when it happens or at least within a week .... waiting 5 years says someone is wanting a check .... and has been told no. jmo .. Don't like Marshall ....
A lot of changes in culture are negative but implying that sports were better when coaches could beat the shit out of players is dumb

Coaches did not beat the shit out of you ... but they did grab a face mask etc... and yeah you practiced MUCH harder.

Hard to argue that the youth of today could not use a little more "tough love".

I don’t understand why these types of things take 5 years to surface. If you’re that player, coach, or anyone around to witness, how do you not report immediately?
Fear it retribution, these coaches have these players lives in their hand. Whether it's a player that think they can go pro or a player who knows his family can't afford sending him to college. Recent events have shown players they can speak up.

A lot of the athletes back in the 50 and 60s would not make the team today. It's dumb to suggest that a coach being physical with you is OK. I grew up when coaches would grab the facemask, but I would whip a coach ass if I saw them do it to one of my sons. There were a lot of things done back then that was accepted but not right.

Reactions: JBT Assoc
A lot of the athletes back in the 50 and 60s would not make the team today. It's dumb to suggest that a coach being physical with you is OK. I grew up when coaches would grab the facemask, but I would whip a coach ass if I saw them do it to one of my sons. There were a lot of things done back then that was accepted but not right.
So explain Jordan hitting teammates in practice

I thought we should have kept Whimp

A lot of changes in culture are negative but implying that sports were better when coaches could beat the shit out of players is dumb
I disagree. I can give you all kinds of examples of what we are dealing with now compared to then.

Coaches did not beat the shit out of you ... but they did grab a face mask etc... and yeah you practiced MUCH harder.

Hard to argue that the youth of today could not use a little more "tough love".
Yes, some people though that Pruitt was wrong in our game last year when he grabbed his QBs face mask. But, look at how he has turned that program around with his old school coaching.

Grabbing the facemask was still excepted in Knoxville Tn. as of last October.

Last edited:
Today many people view spanking a child ..................
A childhood friends father passed recently ...... they lived across the street ... I told my friend when I was growing up I was not sure who tore up my ass more often .. my dad or his dad. He laughed and said your dad got me a few times ... and then he shared a story of our dads sharing the old times before my dad passed and how they were lucky to have each other to help keep their kids straight ..... yes times were different .... people truly believed it took a village to raise a child... maybe a couple less in prison during that era...

Less than 5 whippings by each and not one was undeserved. Until much later in life I thought they took great delight in tearing up my butt ... I finally realized they did it out of love.

I love how guys say they had coaches grab their face mask but if a coach did it to their son they would beat their ass ....guess you turned out so bad you do not want your kid to turn out that bad.

I saw my son get some "tough love" in HS .... all I did was smile inside. He learned the DISCIPLINE and WORK EITHIC it takes to make it in todays world .... some think the most important thing we teach a child is, other than God and Family, DISCIPLINE and WORK ETHIC and not many places better than a ball field to learn both as a youth.

Yeah I am not one who thinks you should not keep score ... WINNING is supposed to mean something ... participation trophies are for losers ....

Reactions: milso47 and Codie B
Reactions: pfaud001
i would like to have seen you whip coach bryants ass

ADVERTISEMENT