ADVERTISEMENT

with all nate oats

has done and is doing in recruiting. imagine if we had a new arena. I'm good but don`t wait to long.
Yes, a new arena isn’t helping Auburn recruit and hang on to committed players. Maybe they are not to impressed with a micro arena. I think that adding more SEC champions trophies & branders may help. And of course more players playing their way though Bama to a 1st round NBA can’t hurt. The arena is for the students & fans the court is for the players.

Yes, a new arena isn’t helping Auburn recruit and hang on to committed players. Maybe they are not to impressed with a micro arena. I think that adding more SEC champions trophies & branders may help. And of course more players playing their way though Bama to a 1st round NBA can’t hurt. The arena is for the students & fans the court is for the players.
i get that and agree with it. facilities help in recruiting also.

New weight rooms and things like Coleman has to show the football recruits help. The players locker room with their independent all leather resting pods. All of this cost much less than a new arena.

Reactions: bet9

wrong.gif

i get that and agree with it. facilities help in recruiting also.
Help, yes. Mandatory, no. As stated, it's not helping AU much. That said, I believe we'll get a new arena before long. Fans just need to be patient. Arenas are not cheap to build and we do have competing priorities.

Reactions: jtr4dad and xcop
It will never be cheaper! Every year it will cost more. Even if materials cost less, it will still cost more to build it because labor will cost more. Nobody will build this arena cheap. This is such a stupid argument to have as fans. Defending an aircraft hanger as an Arena is insane. Alabama has the second worst arena in the conference. We have a really good basketball program with a great coach. The program, the coach and the fans deserve a new arena. Build the effing arena!

It will never be cheaper! Every year it will cost more. Even if materials cost less, it will still cost more to build it because labor will cost more. Nobody will build this arena cheap. This is such a stupid argument to have as fans. Defending an aircraft hanger as an Arena is insane. Alabama has the second worst arena in the conference. We have a really good basketball program with a great coach. The program, the coach and the fans deserve a new arena. Build the effing arena!
Ba ba ba. You guys act like this is building the temple on the temple mound. It is so stupid. You think that building this micro Chicken coop arena is the future of Alabama basketball. We need a center right now more than we need a new Auburn style chicken coop. Damn will you just stop and let intelligence people make this decision.

A new arena is not helping Auburn. And to be blunt, as much as you may hate Coleman, as a fan (the players don't have as many issues with it), you will be lucky if a new arena seated even 10,000. 15K or more is pure pipe dream. We can't afford one that big and not going to build one. So a LOT of rowdy students are going to lose seating if we do it, to make way for blue hair season ticket holders who will sit on their hands all game, making the new venue one of the most boring arenas in the country.

Reactions: JMusso72
Damn you should run for a federal government position. If there is a want then just borrow the money. You do understand interest rates on debt…. Right? I assume you understand that football at Alabama is the cash cow…. Right? So that program can take on debt. assume that you understand that basketball is become a fan supported sport if we keep winning. If you do understand all of this then wait on basketball to generate the financial support to build a better arena than cow town. I’m assuming you already know this no brained stuff.

A new arena is not helping Auburn. And to be blunt, as much as you may hate Coleman, as a fan (the players don't have as many issues with it), you will be lucky if a new arena seated even 10,000. 15K or more is pure pipe dream. We can't afford one that big and not going to build one. So a LOT of rowdy students are going to lose seating if we do it, to make way for blue hair season ticket holders who will sit on their hands all game, making the new venue one of the most boring arenas in the country.
I guess you and musso are right. Coleman is great facility. Looking at a wall is a great view for 4 sections of the arena. Seats in row 50 are great seats and offer a great vantage point to view a game. You can really hear them from up there. The buzzing of the lights creates an ambience that lulls the opponent to sleep. The players rave at how great the arena is. They even did a Instagram Live siting all the things they loved about it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT