with javon quinerly

mr4bama

All American
Gold Member
Feb 13, 2017
our only true point guard and jd davison probally a one and done, the 2022 point guard class will be important. oats might look to sign two point guards and zocko littleton from georgia has been a heavy bama lean for about a year now. he has been up and down in the rankings but will probally be solid by the time he graduates.

winin11

All American
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2011
I couldn’t find him ranked in the top 150 on rivals or 247???

btr

All American
Gold Member
Jul 3, 2001
our only true point guard and jd davison probally a one and done, the 2022 point guard class will be important. oats might look to sign two point guards and zocko littleton from georgia has been a heavy bama lean for about a year now. he has been up and down in the rankings but will probally be solid by the time he graduates.
Is JD that good?

btr

All American
Gold Member
Jul 3, 2001
I wonder how many one-and-dones there are in a typical year.

Bocat69

All Conference
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2011
No way the number one point guard in the country is not one and done. J.D. is the real deal. I'm just hoping the G-league wont come after him.

Reactions: NovaTiger77

NovaTiger77

All American
Gold Member
Aug 6, 2016
No way the number one point guard in the country is not one and done. J.D. is the real deal. I'm just hoping the G-league wont come after him.
Yeah, I was going to add, I think it’s much more likely he goes straight from high school to the G-League, than plays two years in college.

NovaTiger77

All American
Gold Member
Aug 6, 2016
i dont see him going straight to the g league. he has been recruiting players to bama ever since he committed.
I don’t think that means a whole lot. You see it all the time in baseball. Stud high school player says he’s 100% going to college and not even entertaining the pros. They’re their school’s biggest recruiter. Then the draft comes around, and money talks. Bye bye college.

Codie B

All American
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2013
Fort Myers, FL
I don’t think that means a whole lot. You see it all the time in baseball. Stud high school player says he’s 100% going to college and not even entertaining the pros. They’re their school’s biggest recruiter. Then the draft comes around, and money talks. Bye bye college.
There is a difference here. In baseball, these HS kids, many times, are saying that for potential leverage in signing bonus negotiations. They are getting between $2.5-$5 million on average getting drafted in the first round(and some 2nd and 3rd rd’s if they play the leverage game right, assuming they have the right combination of ability). The G-League is going to pay a kid $125k on average(the #1 ranked prospect just signed for $500k), and while that may be a good deal of $ to some kids, it isn’t the huge multi million $ signing bonus these stud HS baseball players are signing for. It, also, depends if they are able to land endorsement deals. If they are viewed as talented enough to land a shoe endorsement deal(for example), that changes the $ scope. I think it is only a matter of time, though, before more and more top ranked HS BB players go the G League route. College BB seems to be trending in the future towards teams having good players, whose game really doesn’t fit today’s pro game(in my 80’s era, I would call that the Jeff Lebo’s and Steve Alford’s). I wish college BB would be like college baseball and just say either you decide to take the $ where you are drafted out of HS and go directly to the NBA or G League, or play 3 years of college BB before you are eligible again, but even then you could go overseas if you are talented enough after a year or two.