ADVERTISEMENT

with javon quinerly

mr4bama

All American
Gold Member
Feb 13, 2017
our only true point guard and jd davison probally a one and done, the 2022 point guard class will be important. oats might look to sign two point guards and zocko littleton from georgia has been a heavy bama lean for about a year now. he has been up and down in the rankings but will probally be solid by the time he graduates.

I couldn’t find him ranked in the top 150 on rivals or 247???

our only true point guard and jd davison probally a one and done, the 2022 point guard class will be important. oats might look to sign two point guards and zocko littleton from georgia has been a heavy bama lean for about a year now. he has been up and down in the rankings but will probally be solid by the time he graduates.
Is JD that good?

I wonder how many one-and-dones there are in a typical year.

No way the number one point guard in the country is not one and done. J.D. is the real deal. I'm just hoping the G-league wont come after him.

Reactions: NovaTiger77
No way the number one point guard in the country is not one and done. J.D. is the real deal. I'm just hoping the G-league wont come after him.

Yeah, I was going to add, I think it’s much more likely he goes straight from high school to the G-League, than plays two years in college.

i dont see him going straight to the g league. he has been recruiting players to bama ever since he committed.

I don’t think that means a whole lot. You see it all the time in baseball. Stud high school player says he’s 100% going to college and not even entertaining the pros. They’re their school’s biggest recruiter. Then the draft comes around, and money talks. Bye bye college.

I don’t think that means a whole lot. You see it all the time in baseball. Stud high school player says he’s 100% going to college and not even entertaining the pros. They’re their school’s biggest recruiter. Then the draft comes around, and money talks. Bye bye college.
There is a difference here. In baseball, these HS kids, many times, are saying that for potential leverage in signing bonus negotiations. They are getting between $2.5-$5 million on average getting drafted in the first round(and some 2nd and 3rd rd’s if they play the leverage game right, assuming they have the right combination of ability). The G-League is going to pay a kid $125k on average(the #1 ranked prospect just signed for $500k), and while that may be a good deal of $ to some kids, it isn’t the huge multi million $ signing bonus these stud HS baseball players are signing for. It, also, depends if they are able to land endorsement deals. If they are viewed as talented enough to land a shoe endorsement deal(for example), that changes the $ scope. I think it is only a matter of time, though, before more and more top ranked HS BB players go the G League route. College BB seems to be trending in the future towards teams having good players, whose game really doesn’t fit today’s pro game(in my 80’s era, I would call that the Jeff Lebo’s and Steve Alford’s). I wish college BB would be like college baseball and just say either you decide to take the $ where you are drafted out of HS and go directly to the NBA or G League, or play 3 years of college BB before you are eligible again, but even then you could go overseas if you are talented enough after a year or two.

ADVERTISEMENT