ADVERTISEMENT

Women’s basketball departures

Good move for Jordan Lewis. She gave the University four great years. It will be good for her to play in another system. Jordan is a smart young lady, she has a bright future in the game of basketball...

I am very surprised by this turn of events. What gives? I see we have a MSU transfer coming in. It is like fruit basket turnover with all the switching teams by players.

Reactions: terp john
iIt’s challenging to sell this program to recruits! Alabama high school kids seem to want to go anywhere but Alabama. It started with the previous coach and continue with the current coach.

It sums up Alabama women’s basketball. The administration basically just ignored this program for 20 years and it took Curry 7 years to get the program back where they could lose by 35 in the 2nd round of the NCAA’s. And now these 2 leave.
Curry is not the answer/ but I am not sure who is right now.

It sums up Alabama women’s basketball. The administration basically just ignored this program for 20 years and it took Curry 7 years to get the program back where they could lose by 35 in the 2nd round of the NCAA’s. And now these 2 leave.
Curry is not the answer/ but I am not sure who is right n
iIt’s challenging to sell this program to recruits! Alabama high school kids seem to want to go anywhere but Alabama. It started with the previous coach and continue with the current coach.
Well, yes- when only about 250 people show up to watch them play.

Curry is not the answer/ but I am not sure who is right n

Well, yes- when only about 250 people show up to watch them play.

If they could talk him into leaving HS, Tim Miller would be a choice for look at. Highly successful women's basketball coach.

If they could talk him into leaving HS, Tim Miller would be a choice for look at. Highly successful women's basketball coach.
Tim Miller definitely gets the most out of his players. Every year they graduate four or five seniors and you expect them to be done. And the next year there the best team in the State. Could he get it done at Alabama? That would be a chance I'd be willing to take.

Losing those 2 is a tough blow. Copeland is one of the top post players in the SEC, and Lewis is very talented in her own right. LSU's program isn't on par with ours at the moment, so Copeland going there is a bit of a head scratcher. I can understand the Lewis transfer a little better. While Curry has our program in the best shape it has been in in years, we're still no Baylor. That's a top 5 program year in and year out. Can't blame her for taking that opportunity. Things could be worse, though. We could be Syracuse, which has seen 11 members of their women's basketball team enter the transfer portal this year.

Losing those 2 is a tough blow. Copeland is one of the top post players in the SEC, and Lewis is very talented in her own right. LSU's program isn't on par with ours at the moment, so Copeland going there is a bit of a head scratcher. I can understand the Lewis transfer a little better. While Curry has our program in the best shape it has been in in years, we're still no Baylor. That's a top 5 program year in and year out. Can't blame her for taking that opportunity. Things could be worse, though. We could be Syracuse, which has seen 11 members of their women's basketball team enter the transfer portal this year.
Those two players leaving when they could have stayed tells you all you need to know about the state of the program moving forward. Our head coach is not well thought of in the state of Alabama amongst most people that matter.

Curry is not the answer/ but I am not sure who is right now.
Joni Taylor was the mistake. She should have been hired to begin with.

Those two players leaving when they could have stayed tells you all you need to know about the state of the program moving forward. Our head coach is not well thought of in the state of Alabama amongst most people that matter.

‘I agree. Time to move.

I've seen you post this before but if you look at the overall landscape of women's college basketball recruiting, you will see that the best players in each state are, many times, going to other states.

The best players in many states are going to UConn, South Carolina and North Carolina. Understandable, I know.

I can even understand the best players in Alabama going to places like that or Tennessee.

It's Amiya Payne, a top 100 player from Alabama, going to Middle Tennessee that's a head scratcher.

Of course, we are getting a top 100 player this year from Florida coming to Alabama. And got a top 100 player from Texas last year.

Wow!!!! Never saw this coming, what a move by the Lady Tigers. The Ninja is working his magic at Bama we will be fine....

ADVERTISEMENT