ADVERTISEMENT

Wrap up CNO with a bow

xcop

All American
Gold Member
May 29, 2002
Tuscaloosa,Alabama
I am not saying anything new, but if our AD is worth half the money he is paid he needs to get the BOT to approve a big raise for CNS and the staff, and give a date for breaking ground on a NEW arena. I have been sitting in my seat for 45 years and will miss it but as a BB fan this needs to be done NOW. CNS and his staff can recruit ,coach and win , and now he has proven he can get these young men through a truly horrendous situation. We would be hard pressed to find a replacement anywhere near his ability. RTR

I am not saying anything new, but if our AD is worth half the money he is paid he needs to get the BOT to approve a big raise for CNS and the staff, and give a date for breaking ground on a NEW arena. I have been sitting in my seat for 45 years and will miss it but as a BB fan this needs to be done NOW. CNS and his staff can recruit ,coach and win , and now he has proven he can get these young men through a truly horrendous situation. We would be hard pressed to find a replacement anywhere near his ability. RTR
Are you sure you mean CNS? CNO is the one needing a new arena and a hefty raise.

I have a feeling (maybe a fear) that Byrne is waiting for a potentially dangerous play on the river in a high stakes card game here. He's going to let Oats and this team really get a hype crescendo built up and then go all in with the BoT and boosters that he knows actually care about basketball. Oats has done more since 2019 than the previous 25 years combined. As as result the crowds and attention to Bama basketball has been at highs not seen since at least 2003 or so if not since 1992. It shouldn't be a hard sell to get Oats a huge raise but the arena bit he's having to time his play as well as he can.

I've heard a few point out something here, if Oats and Bryne really need boosters to step up for an arena all they need to is get Saban to say the right things at the next REC meeting or whatever booster glad handing meeting he has to endure. Just a quick phrase to shame the money guys a bit and some money will move.

I agree with you 100%. They need to do everything they can to keep him here long term. But, I remember a lot of people on this board being unhappy with him last year. We need to make up our minds, do we want him or not...lol

Reactions: bet9
I have a feeling (maybe a fear) that Byrne is waiting for a potentially dangerous play on the river in a high stakes card game here. He's going to let Oats and this team really get a hype crescendo built up and then go all in with the BoT and boosters that he knows actually care about basketball. Oats has done more since 2019 than the previous 25 years combined. As as result the crowds and attention to Bama basketball has been at highs not seen since at least 2003 or so if not since 1992. It shouldn't be a hard sell to get Oats a huge raise but the arena bit he's having to time his play as well as he can.

I've heard a few point out something here, if Oats and Bryne really need boosters to step up for an arena all they need to is get Saban to say the right things at the next REC meeting or whatever booster glad handing meeting he has to endure. Just a quick phrase to shame the money guys a bit and some money will move.
Yea funny thing is Saban is probably the only person who can get the money needed for the new basketball arena. Please us Saban Nate!

I agree with you 100%. They need to do everything they can to keep him here long term. But, I remember a lot of people on this board being unhappy with him last year. We need to make up our minds, do we want him or not...lol
You heard from people that only keep up with basketball when they're winning. Anyone that knows just a little about basketball would know that oats did a really great job coaching that bunch last year. He got them to overachieve in many games. There was guys that wouldn't buy in to coming off the bench. You had what was supposed to be a top pick in the draft come in and never bought in. Oats is a proven winner and his system works, he has his guys playing and it shows.

Coach Oats is not only a great coach, but has proven to be a great leader as well. Of course in most cases that goes hand in hand.

ADVERTISEMENT