ADVERTISEMENT

YOUR starting 5

budog

All American
Gold Member
Oct 19, 2005
CNO has obviously done a fantastic job with the team, buts let’s face it, we are all better coaches than he is, so I ask you all this: Give me your starting 5 if it were your team and your 6th man (only 1) off of the bench. I will start:

START
———-
Quinerly
Petty
Jones
Shack
Bruner

6th- Ellis

ROLL TIDE!!

Herb and Q are the only two guys that are experienced enough to run the offense without a “PG-2” safety valve.

START
———-
Jones
Shack
Petty
Ellis or Reese
Bruner

CNO has obviously done a fantastic job with the team, buts let’s face it, we are all better coaches than he is, so I ask you all this: Give me your starting 5 if it were your team and your 6th man (only 1) off of the bench. I will start:

START
———-
Quinerly
Petty
Jones
Shack
Bruner

6th- Ellis

ROLL TIDE!!
Quinerly
Petty
Jones
Shack
Bruner

Got to live or die with Quinerly

Reese and Ellis off the bemch

I did. But we need him to be the PG. We aren’t going deep without him. So it’s time for him to be the guy. He’s playing the best on offense right now by far anyway.
I agree. In the last two months teams have quit helping against penetration and started daring Bama to finish at the rim which has resulted in offensive struggles at times. While Q still has a ways to go he has also shown to be maybe the only player on the team that can takeover for a 4 minute stretch. I'd give him a heavy dose of minutes over the next 3 games and challenge him to lead this team.

Personally I think Quinerly needs to be a 35+ minute guy running point. He has awful games from time to time where you wonder if his head made it to the building, but he’s also our best creator on offense and most skilled player on offense.

I’d go
JQ
Shack
Petty
Herb
Bruner

Primo, Ellis and Gary first off the bench getting a lot of minutes. Reese get about 15, Rojas under 10.

I did. But we need him to be the PG. We aren’t going deep without him. So it’s time for him to be the guy. He’s playing the best on offense right now by far anyway.
JQ is a SG. He has never seen a shot he didn't like!

JQ is a SG. He has never seen a shot he didn't like!
You might be right. But we don’t have the luxury of playing him at the 2. He’s the only guy that can get inside the D and finish well enough to force some help. Without someone doing that, we will struggle to score in the half court.

I’d go:

JQ
Petty
Herb
Shack
Bruner

Ellis, Reese, Gary, Primo off the bench in that order. 9 man rotation. No one else needs PT right now.

Reactions: budog
JQ
Shack
Herb
Petty
Gary (I think Gary actually plays bigger than Bruner despite being smaller)

Reese, Bruner, Primo, Ellis off the bench.

Reactions: Sweetlou10
It depends on what the match-ups look like, especially in the front court.
JQ. _ Miles
Shack - Primo
Petty - Ellis
Jones - Gary - Rojas
Bruner - Reese

Is primo still getting NBA buzz? He definitely needs to come back.
Not on any that I've seen lately. It's funny how quickly these things chances in the NBA, to start the season he was nowhere to be found on any of these Mock Drafts. During the middle of Bama’s hot streak, I saw him as high as 16th, now he is nowhere to be found again.

Herb has fallen some as well; he was pushing the late First Round, now he's about mid to late Second.

Reactions: cpat4bama
Not on any that I've seen lately. It's funny how quickly these things chances in the NBA, to start the season he was nowhere to be found on any of these Mock Drafts. During the middle of Bama’s hot streak, I saw him as high as 16th, now he is nowhere to be found again.

Herb has fallen some as well; he was pushing the late First Round, now he's about mid to late Second.
Herb absolutely needs to take advantage of the free year and return. He’s a guy who could benefit greatly from an NBA standpoint.

Herb absolutely needs to take advantage of the free year and return. He’s a guy who could benefit greatly from an NBA standpoint.

Herb Jones will be making an NBA salary next year. Go tot he bank on that statement. Herb Jones is the most NBA defensive worthy player that we have had since T.R. Dunn.

The pleasant surprise of this team is Ellis. Right now, I would compare his posture and his improvement to Sprewell. It took Sprewell most of his first year to develop and the second year Sprewell was a force. Ellis was hurt more than any other Alabama player by the lack of the summer program. I will go out on a limb and suggest that Jones will either be first or second to Smith of Arkansas as player of the year in the SEC, and Ellis will be player of the year in the SEC next season. The surest bet for the NBA of any player that I have seen in the SEC is Scottie Pippen, Jr., Scottie was one of the 50 best of all time in the NBA and I think his son is a better player than his father.

As good as this Alabama team is, I cannot wait for next season and I do not even know who will be the Portal transfers into the program. Miles reminds me of Gee. The freshman big man from Canada can shoot. We have as good a guard we have ever had coming into the program as a one and done. We are one player away from a National Title in 2022 and I think we could get him out of the Portal.

Well good for us. With JD coming and JQ already that’s 3 very serviceable point guards.

Reactions: G.O.A.T-23
Herb Jones will be making an NBA salary next year. Go tot he bank on that statement. Herb Jones is the most NBA defensive worthy player that we have had since T.R. Dunn.

The pleasant surprise of this team is Ellis. Right now, I would compare his posture and his improvement to Sprewell. It took Sprewell most of his first year to develop and the second year Sprewell was a force. Ellis was hurt more than any other Alabama player by the lack of the summer program. I will go out on a limb and suggest that Jones will either be first or second to Smith of Arkansas as player of the year in the SEC, and Ellis will be player of the year in the SEC next season. The surest bet for the NBA of any player that I have seen in the SEC is Scottie Pippen, Jr., Scottie was one of the 50 best of all time in the NBA and I think his son is a better player than his father.

As good as this Alabama team is, I cannot wait for next season and I do not even know who will be the Portal transfers into the program. Miles reminds me of Gee. The freshman big man from Canada can shoot. We have as good a guard we have ever had coming into the program as a one and done. We are one player away from a National Title in 2022 and I think we could get him out of the Portal.
I disagree on Herb being in the NBA next year. But really, really hope you're right because I want him to do well. I actually thought Ellis was going to be an absolute monster coming in and was really disappointed early. He's settled in as one of the best defenders on a great defensive team. I'm hoping his offense catches up because he has the potential to be a force on both sides of the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT