ADVERTISEMENT

5 Prospects Who Will Commit to Alabama

vegas man

All American
Gold Member
Jul 17, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Here is an updated list of the 5 prospects I think will commit to the Tide before its all said and done.
  1. 4-star DE Hunter Osborne -- Osborne has always been all Bama but didn't have the green light to commit, until now. Too bad for Clemson, Texas and Tennessee, who all have heavily pursued Osborne up to this point.
  2. 4-star DE Kelby Collins -- Collins is another prospect who loves Bama. I'm hoping he decides to end the recruiting process sooner rather than later as originally planned.
  3. 4-star RB Richard Young -- still a personal priority for Saban even after the commitment of 4-star RB Justice Haynes. These two will make one hell of a 1-2 punch for the Tide.
  4. 4-star S Caleb Downs -- Downs has really connected with Saban. His parents completed a deep dive research process for each of his final 4 programs (Bama, UGA, OSU, Notre Dame) to see what each has to offer and Alabama checked all the boxes.
  5. 4-star OT Miles McVay -- McVay cannot seem to get enough of Tuscaloosa and has been quoted several times as saying "it feels like home". He is the LT of the future for Bama.
DE Peter Woods, OG Ryqueze McElderry and DT James Smith all made my previous list of five.

Peter Woods committed to Clemson. Man, how the momentum changed quickly with Woods. I for one still cannot figure out exactly who committed to Clemson...Woods the prospect or the PWoo clothing line. Just my opinion here but I kind of hope the staff moves on to other prospects who still have college football as their main focus.
Ryquese McElderry committed to Bama. Roll Tide!
James Smith -- I'm still confident Smith will end up with the good guys but took him off my list to make room for others closing in on a commitment. Smith is not expected to decide until December.

Keep an eye on...

4-star WR Demitrius Bell
-- if the staff presses for his commitment I'm very confident he'll wave good-bye to Mel Tucker and the Spartans.

4-star DT Edric Hill -- Hill really likes Bama a lot and he has the right mindset to be successful at the next level.

Some random musings...

4-star LB Malik Bryant
-- I agree with Bone here. This kid is not coming to Bama. This looks to be an NIL battle between Florida and Miami. I still wish the staff had really pressed for 4-star LB Raul Aguirre out of Georgia.
200.gif

4-star OT Payton Kirkland -- Kirkland just recently committed to Texas. But did anyone catch what Kirkland said about how he ended up committing to Sark when he was originally supposed to go to Miami? Kirkland was quoted as saying, “The plan was to go to Miami but certain things didn’t work out between the two of us. The relationship was amazing but it had to come to a close unfortunately." Certain things didn't work out? Hmmm? Well, when the Miami negotiations seemingly broke down Kirkland decided to call Kyle Flood at Texas, a school he had never visited nor did the Horns make his list of final choices. Only 15 minutes later (yes, 15 minutes) Kirkland was committed to Texas. Again, a school at which he has never visited. Hmmm? The Horns have seemingly become this cycle's version of Texas A&M.
matthew-mc-conaughey-long-horns.gif

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News