ADVERTISEMENT

5 Prospects Who Will Commit To Alabama

vegas man

All American
Gold Member
Jul 17, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Here is an updated list of the 5 prospects I think will commit to the Tide before it is all said and done.
  1. 4-star OT Miles McVay -- follow the visits here as there have been plenty. McVay would like to play closer to home. Fortunately for Bama he feels at home in Tuscaloosa.
  2. 4-star DE Kelby Collins -- Collins grew up a fan of the Tide and has many friends on both the current roster and committed in the '23 class. In the end, in addition to being closer to home, I think this leads Collins to Tuscaloosa.
  3. 4-star DT Edric Hill -- his recruitment has been fairly quiet as of late but he's still locked in on Bama. The question is whether or not he will decide to end his recruitment prior to the start of his senior season. Side note...slots are starting to fill up quickly. Just saying. ;)
  4. 4-star DT James Smith -- Smith is a 'must-get' player at a critical position of need. The staff knows this and closes the deal in December.
  5. 4-star DE Keon Keely -- Keeley committed to the Irish very early in the cycle (back on 6/28/21) but the staff has been in constant contact with him. There is no doubt Keeley is starting to realize Tuscaloosa is a lot closer to Tampa than South Bend and the Alabama program is far superior to Notre Dame in so many ways.
e350ff70-4c90-11eb-8db7-6a5020036aa7

4-star DE Hunter Osborne, 4-star RB Richard Young and 4-star S Caleb Downs were all on my previous list of five. All three have committed to Bama. Roll Tide!!

Keep an eye on...

4-star WR Jalen Hale
-- Hale made the trek to Tuscaloosa for the cookout last weekend and had such a good time he scheduled an official to Bama on Labor Day weekend. This will be a tough pull from Texas but the mere fact Hale is looking to visit so quickly again shows the staff have a legit shot of landing him.

Some random musings...

4-star RB Justice Haynes (Alabama commit)
-- Not only did Haynes just up and decide to commit unannounced but he chose Bama over Georgia. Truth be told this one completely surprised me. Early on if you had asked me to name a prospect the staff was heavily targeting but you think will go elsewhere I would have said Justice Haynes. My current 2023 FutureCast percentage is just under 93% (142/153, shameless plug) and Haynes is one of those 11 misses. For those of you who may not quite understand the magnitude of Hayne's commitment I'll remind you not only is Haynes a UGA legacy but also his father's name is associated with one of the greatest moments in Georgia football history. That's right. Back on October 6, 2001, RB Verron Haynes caught the game winning pass against then #6 Tennessee leading legendary UGA announcer Larry Munson to exclaim, "We just stepped on their face with a hobnailed boot and broke their nose!" I'm sure Dawg fans cannot help but feel like Justice has now somehow stepped on their collective faces with that same hobnailed boot when he announced for the Tide.

4-star S Caleb Downs (Alabama commit) -- Downs has always been one of the Tide's top targets but early on in the process I wasn't feeling too confident he would commit. However, about a month before he announced I got a better understanding of how Downs and his parents were navigating the entire recruiting process, particularly after Downs had narrowed it down to four programs. Once I understood their approach I starting feeling confident Bama would land Downs. Essentially, Downs and his parents took a very pragmatic, objective approach by taking the time to educate themselves on every aspect of each of the final programs, to include talking to former players. A final decision would come down to which program checked the most boxes. Alabama checked all of them. In the end it was all about personal and player development, not about rolling out a new uniform every third game, an easy path to early playing time or taking pics in a Lamborghini you'll probable never drive nor own. If every player and his parents took this approach to the recruiting process then more than likely Bama would rarely ever lose another top prospect on its board.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News