ADVERTISEMENT

5 Prospects Who Will Commit To Bama

vegas man

All American
Gold Member
Jul 17, 2012
Atlanta, GA
A lot can change between now and December but here are five prospects I think will eventually end up in Bama’s 2023 class. There is a long way to go before signing day and these prospects could certainly decide to change their focus to other programs or the staff could easily move up other prospects higher on the board based on camp performances, in-person evaluations, senior year development, etc.

4-star DE Peter Woods
For Woods it is not a matter of if but when.
well-were-waiting-sarcastic.gif

4-star DE Kelby Collins
Bone recently quoted Collins as saying, “I don't really have any favorites right now. I am really open to anyone, in-state or out-of-state.” Okay. Wink, wink.
giphy.gif

3-star OG Ryqueze McElderry
McElderry committed to Kirby and the Dawgs back on 11/30/21. In the days leading up to his commitment all of the FutrureCast forecasts were unanimous in favor of UGA. However, I never changed my original forecast I entered in favor of Bama on 11/21/21 as I’ve always felt the longtime Tide fan from a Bama household will end up in Tuscaloosa. It seems as though McElderry is a little upset Georgia offered earlier in the cycle while Saban offered only about 14 months prior to the 2023 early signing period. But you cannot blame Saban as McElderry doesn’t easily pass the eye test since he doesn’t have the ideal body type you look for in a Power 5 interior lineman. But what McElderry lacks in the eye test he more than makes up with his play on the field. In fact, he was very impressive in a recent camp going head-to-head with strong competition. Saban should have plenty of time to help McElderry get over the disappointment of receiving an offer so late in the cycle (insert eye roll here).

giphy.gif

4-star DT James Smith
It’s now Alabama’s turn to benefit from selling immediate and early playing time on the defensive line.
200w.gif

4-star RB Richard Young
Running back always seems to be a position of need each and every year and this won’t change with the 2023 cycle. Georgia Tech transfer Jahmyr Gibbs will move on to the NFL after his lone season with the Tide and a solid year by Trey Sanders could easily have him doing the same. And let’s not forget the ever-popular transfer portal where a player’s problems are seemingly solved by simply changing uniforms. I look for the staff to take at least two backs in this class with Young being one of those two. Saban has made Young a personal priority if you know what I mean.
picking-up-what-im-laying-down-do-you-kids-understand.gif

Quick notes regarding some other 2023 prospects:

In his most recent “Recruiting Q&A” Bone mentioned 4-star DE Damon Wilson out of Venice, FL, as someone who is leaning to Bama at this time. Wilson is very high on the board and rightfully so since he’s an absolute nightmare coming off the edge as evidenced by his 15 sacks, 25 QB hurries and 23 TFLs last season. I’m fairly confident he’ll see a bump in his 5.9 rating at some point this fall.

Several have asked have asked about where 4-star QB Christopher Vizzina stands with the Tide. Bone has made it quite clear the staff is focused on three QBs at this time…Arch Manning, Nico Iamaleava and Eli Holstein (Texas A&M commit). Vizzina, who is from Birmingham, is the #1 QB target for Dabo Blabo and company and I think Swinney’s connection to Birmingham will pay dividends with him before all is said and done. If the staff misses on its top three targets then they could decide to circle back with Vizzina, who grew up a fan of the Tide. Question is…would he be willing to listen?

Another popular name is 4-star CB AJ Harris from Phenix City, AL. For now, it doesn’t appear Harris will end up in Tuscaloosa (he’s not originally from the great state of Alabama). Georgia and Clemson are pushing hard but keep an eye on Billy Napier and the Gators here.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News